Inductive battery cover

redneckben

Reaction score
Ok I've been searching for an answer and cannot find one.... Has anyone had problems with the inductive cover and or pad not charging right? As in charging to a certain percentage and then sticking there no matter how long its left on the charger...please help

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

android_04

Reaction score
If I don't position my phone quite right on the pad, it will not charge up. So I have to make sure when I put it on the pad that the green light starts flashing AND that the phone shows that it is charging. Once the green light was flashing but the phone would not indicate that it was charging so my phone did not charge overnight. I had to reboot the phone in order to get it to charge up. I guess the inductive charging technology is picky about position.

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Funny cuz I've seem this stuff work really really well. I think maybe vzw just went with cheaper parts than some of the others out there.

Sent from 1976 utilizing 1.21 a gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

OP
R

redneckben

Reaction score
Yeah its kind weird, I'll place it just right green light flashing and all that the phone will say its charging but even over night it will get stuck at any percentage and get really hot

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
You could try going into best buy and have them open up a powermat brand pad and see if that's any better. Then you would at least know if its a problem with the cover out the pad. I've seen the power mat ones work very well in the past.

Sent from 1976 utilizing 1.21 a gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

OP
R

redneckben

Reaction score
Thanx I'll have to try that cause this is getting kinda aggravating lol

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
I've found that sometimes they are hesitant to let you open stuff if you ask, so I just do it on my own. Then explain if I get caught. Haven't had anyone yell at me yet. If you find that it still doesn't work you can ask the vzw people there to let you try a new cover and see if it was just a bad cover.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

OP
R

redneckben

Reaction score
Yeah cause I had ordered the cover and pad from verizon in august cause they were having a deal, maybe I'll call them and see if I can talk them into sending me new ones lol since I'm on my fourth droid 3 in three months

android_04

Reaction score
This actually happened to me a 2nd time. I leave my phone charging overnight with it showing that it is charging, and in the morning it is at 40% battery and not showing that it is charging anymore. However, the wireless charging pad is still showing the flashing green light. No matter how I position the phone, it will not show it is charging on the screen itself. This might be a bug because if I reboot the phone it will start charging up again.

It is very important for me that my phone is fully charged in the morning. Needless to say, I decided to return the wireless charging pad and cover and got myself a multimedia dock instead.

mfendley

Reaction score
I get an audible beep when mine is positioned correctly and is being charged. I would say my combo (inductive back and mat) are very reliable, and I have never caught it not charging.