individual ringtones

turnpike

Reaction score
ok the manual showed nothing

the search link only had 10 references w/o answers

and the net search was not helpful

my question is for a rooted droid 2 global (z4Root) is it possible to give each contact a personal ringtone?

if so can someone share with me what steps you need to accomplish to do it.
i've tried every screen, every drop down and all i seem to have is one ringtone for everyone

thanks in advance

Reaction score
open the contact you wish to set the ringtone for, tap the for square button next to the home key on your phone. A menu pop's up select edit. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and open the additional setting tab. Scroll further down and you'll see an option to change the ringtone.

OP
T

turnpike

Reaction score
dear gods thank you...why did droid make it so hard to change ringtones i'll never know....

thank you thank you thank you

this has been a constant irritation since i got the phone

jcl197

Reaction score
on mine, i just go to the contact, tap the squares button then choose Options and the on that screen it lets you specify ringtone

Miss_Mo

Reaction score
I did that as well but for some contacts the ringtones never worked despite them being shown as 'active' in the contacts profile. What I finally did was d/l ringdroid and use the app to create (if needed) and set the ringtone. So far all the contacts who had issues previously seem to be working fine.