Incredible reboots on its own?

Riddlin

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? My phone just reboots by itself maybe 2 to 3 times per day. Any known bugs?

williamweaver

Reaction score
Once in a blue moon my Incredible will reboot. I don't think I could handle 3 reboots a day. I would probably return it. Is your phone getting too hot or is there something running in the background that's buggy?

zMd113

Reaction score
It's most likely a bad app with a virus or bug. I've only had it happen to me twice and I believe it was because of bad apps. But they were useless anyway.

kmo

Reaction score
I've had this happen too a couple of times. Everything comes back just fine. Not sure this why this should happen, but my computer does weird **** sometimes as well. Voodoo....

ukycats

Reaction score
My phone has turned back on by itself a few times. Once recently I was on an airplane and the stewardess didn't believe that it kept turning on by itself.

zMd113

Reaction score
Mine just rebooted 2min. ago, I was on the PlayStation forums then the screen went blank and it started up again.

Bowtie

Reaction score
There are other threads on here about the same issue, mine was doing it about 6 - 8 times a day. I exchanged mine for a new one after trying every suggestion possible and the issue went away.

Khemosabi

Reaction score
restarting

My Incredible restarts several times a day. I don't have alot of apps, it's been happening since I got it 12 days ago. I plan to go back to the store and have them order me a new one. But I will use this one till then, it's still an amazing phone!

kevsauce

Reaction score
Mine used to reboot randomly, but nowhere near your frequency. I had Advanced Task Killer kill things every half hour, and the problem went away. There must have been something running in the background that would cause it.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
This happened to me last week. Rebooted 3-4 times in a 20 minute period. I had downloaded the newest update to WordWise so I uninstalled the app thinking it was the culprit. The reboots stopped. Later I reinstalled WordWise and all has been well since. So in summary, I don't have a clue why it did it. :)

Shelja

Reaction score
Droid X same problem

I just received my Droid X on Friday and it rebooted for the second time today, right after I sent a text.

Khemosabi

Reaction score
Still rebooting

I will try killing some apps I don't use, but really I don't have many. I also don't run any live on my home screens. I went to verizon and told them of my problem and that I was one of many with this problem. The lady told me she had never heard of the rebooting issue and told me not to belive everything I see on the internet. I guess were all crazy. I will contact droid if killing some apps I don't use dosn't help. If it helps I will let you all know.

Shelja

Reaction score
I just received my Droid X on Friday and it rebooted for the second time today, right after I sent a text.

I don't know if it's connected, but my phone also goes into bootloader when it's powered off and I charge it by USB. When I disconnect it I am able to turn it on like normal. I called Verizon and they had me reset the phone. Nothing changed so they're sending a new phone when it's available.