Incredible on the 150mb plan--suggestions please

Khiraji

Reaction score
interesting to see a smartphone user on a capped plan, i easily did your 150MB today alone, lol.

You're doing everything right so far, but I don't believe you'll truly enjoy your phone with that cap.

I had a smartphone (Tilt) on AT&T with no data and i never truly got the full enjoyment. I was always in an area with wifi, but when i needed it the most I was on the road or an area out of wifi. Glad to know you have a data plan of some sort at least, but if you can pay for the unlimited plan, or a package with more data i say you go for it.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. I love this device and it sucks having to be constantly cautious of my usage. I'm currently going through university and I'm on a family plan with Verizon - I'm already catching hell for blowing up the bill and money is definitely tighter these days than we're all comfortable with. Thank the gods app purchases charge to my Google account...

i'm not gonna tell anyone how to spend their money, but to me having a smartphone when money is tight is not the wisest of decisions. yes i understand you want to take advantage of the wifi, but with these kinds of phones you never really know when you're going to be using data, unless of course you're an experienced user...

i'm not calling you a novice or anything, i just think from a financial standpoint it isn't exactly a wise decision to have a smartphone.

aside from my two cents, i'm glad you're enjoying your phone despite your "restrictions"

I had an enV Touch before my D2. Lovely phone when it worked, little bundle of pain and frustration when it didn't. I'd just gotten back from a camping trip, and went to turn on my phone which I'd left turned off in the car over a long weekend. Nada. Dead again. Camel's back was broken. I marched off to the VZW store the next morning and walked out with a shiny new D2. I'd researched Droids for a week or so before my enV Touch croaked, and several of my friends have them, so I was at least somewhat familiar with what I'd just bought.

Oh well. You're right, honestly. I work a part-time job at my university and as such qualify for a 15% discount on the total bill (CA state employee). I think that if I set my number as the primary on the family plan, the unlimited data bundle will be discounted as well. Probably would only be about 10 bucks more per month. That price for peace of mind (and unlimited fun) on the D2 seems very worth it. Hell, I've played certain online games that cost more than that per month :painkiller: