Incredible 2 will not start at all

gibsjb

Reaction score
My droid incredible 2 was downloading an app, Skype, and suddenly it froze. I did the usual, took out the battery and rebooted it but it would show the HTC screen, then a black screen, the opening graphic, and then it would repeat. I wouldn't get a home screen, or anything. Could someone please help me here? Judging by the amount of results I got on Google this is probably a rare problem

Insidious

Reaction score
Quite odd. Since I don't have an HTC phone I might not be of much help. Since I don't know how to do this on the Incredible 2, try to search Google for "how to get into recovery Droid Incredible 2." Once you find a good result, try doing that and selecting wipe data/factory reset. It will delete your apps, accounts, and such; but it should help.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
G

gibsjb

Reaction score
Well I finally fixed the problem, however, now it turns off when dropped, hit against something, put on the table hard, etc. So I need help for this now

OP
G

gibsjb

Reaction score
Sounds like you have loose battery connection would be my guess.

This post is Incredible 2!

Any suggestions for that? If it helps, to try and fix it I swabbed the terminals with rubbing alcohol

Kimo91

Reaction score
This just happened to my wife's Dinc2 2 weeks ago ironically after the software update. Went to the store and they couldn't even get it restarted so they had to send my wife a replacement Dinc2. Had no problems since and couldn't replicate the issue either with the new/refurbed one.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

nikecar

Reaction score
maybe put a small piece of paper in the other side?

OP
G

gibsjb

Reaction score
wow that's ingenious and obvious, I hadn't thought of that!

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a long term fix by that, but rather a short fix if it is a bad battery conection.