In need of help with getting to .05...

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No. I used Titanium to back up all apps and data when I was on Liberty Froyo 2.0.1. Then began the procedure of the rest of the steps to get to the leaked GB and run Liberty GB.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PTREE818

Reaction score
Titanium

Yes Hello Swagger if I'm understanding ur prob right all u should have to do is go into market dwnld Titanium... Step 2..Now hit search button on market and search Titanium, this should bring up the one u dwnlded plus the rooted counterpart, click it and dwnld, Titanium will then show up in ur app drawer. AS for 0 .5 ,no luck ,major lag and freezing, wiped and repeated same result.Wiped agn then went Nandroid back to TBH Rooted
GB Leak. Going to try agn. Keep u all posted!
Ptree:greendroid:

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ok. I didn't realize Titanium needed the other part to function. Got it to work and restored all apps and data. Unfortunately, restoring data screwed up some stuff. So I've got to SBF back to stock, let the Market restore all apps, since a few were still missing. Like the paid Launcher Pro. I paid for it but the Market said I need to purchase it. So once on stock Froyo, ill make sure all apps get restored via Market, get rid of all themed apps and update any apps needing to be updated. Then back up with Titanium. Then redo flashing the leaked GB and then Liberty GB.

Also, why isn't my account syncing after I flash? I used to have Facebook, photobucket, google, picasa, email, etc. Now I only see corporate, google, and one other thing and google wont sync right with .05. Isn't this imperative to get google to sync so the Market can restore all apps, including proof of all purchased apps?

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

PTREE818

Reaction score
Liberated R2-D2 Gingerdroid

Yes Hello ,glad it worked! I finally after flashing for 6 hrs got it to work flawlesslydancedroid Here's what I did Note I used a Veriz Moto R2-D2 so please no hate mail if it doesn't work the same for x or global. Step 1 . Rsd lite back to Froyo. Find Z4 Root zip file and dwnld to SD card, while ur there go ahd and put TBH's Rooted Ginger Zip. on there too How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog . K now unzip Z4 Root and run app , make sure u r in Airplane mode and select perma root when it gives u option. Next grab Lib Toolbox donate and dwnld GB v 0.5 and clendar if u need it too. Now dwnld Bootstrap and boot into Clockwork, wipeall then flash monster zip.Reboot. Run Lib Toolbox or Titanium now for backup. and boot back into Clockwork.Note : every time i wiped then installed GB Night after reboot phone started freezing ,black screening ,and slow..This time I threw Gb Night right on top of TBH GB Root Leak and rebooted . Dwnlded toolbox then Tit ; Another note i did not dwld overclock this time either do to hearing Jrummy say som bout new overclock , so fig i wait in case it was f'n up my Droid.Anyways it is running 101 % Liberated R2-D2 Gingerdroid.dancedroid

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I would actually advise people to allow Google Market to restore all apps once back on the stock Froyo. That way, without any errors, it will restore all apps. Then make a Titanium Back-up. See below for some tips on this part.

I would also advise people not to back up system data (data for the apps and other stuff) because it will interfere with Gingerbread framework, /system/app, /data/app, and other stuff. If it is really important to back up the data for app(s) then do it separately and save it onto the PC for a later date or whatever. It would be wise to just back up data for text stuff like Handcent, or Google Mail/Email, or important contacts and likewise. Those are the only stuff I only back up so that way I don't lose all the text/email/conversation I currently had.

Another thing to look out for is, if you are going to be backing up apps, make sure they weren't themed, inverted, or whatever changes that were made outside of the original signature. I would go through each app, like Google Mail, Google Talk, DroidForum App, etc and revert it back to original so that way it will not cause problems when restoring onto the newly leaked GB ROM running Liberty GB .05.

So, in proper steps....

- Back up your apps, plus data only for stuff like Handcent, Google Mail, Google Talk, etc

-
Save this Titanium back-up on a PC or somewhere on your SD card where you can find it

- SBF back to stock Froyo

- Sign back into Google (for syncing stuff)

- Allow Market to restore all apps and account for all apps to be there. If you have 200 apps and only 150 were restored, then you need to find out what happened, where they are, etc.

- Restore data, from Titanium Back-up, to the apps like Handcent, Google Mail, Talk, etc.

- Make sure that none of the apps were themed, inverted, etc. If they are, uninstall, and reinstall from the Market to get the original

- Once all apps are accounted for, originals restored, make another Titanium Back-up and back up all apps again plus data for the important ones

- Go ahead and download Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip and place and go ahead and place it onto the root of your SD card

- Now you can either manually root your phone, like you did for rooting Froyo and getting a Liberty ROM, or get z4root and PERMANENTLY root your phone. Not Temporary. The phone will then reboot. You will now be rooted.

- Next step is optional in whichever way you want to do it. You can go into Liberty ToolBox Donated and download the Liberty GB v .05 but do not install once it completes downloading. You can either wait to do this step and download v .05 AFTER flashing the leaked GB or you can download it now and you will find it in the /liberty folder on the root of your SD card once you have already flashed the leaked GB. It is optional. Whichever way you do it works fine.

- Once your phone is rooted, go into the Bootstrap app and click on Reboot Recovery

- Once in Recovery, wipe data and cache and then go to "install zip from sd card" Find the leaked GB zip file, proceed to next step, and then flash it.

- Once the phone reboots, sign into Google, you can wait to allow all Market apps to restore or go ahead and get Bootstrap back on and then go back into Recovery, wipe data and cache, and then flash Liberty GB v .05. If you didn't download Liberty GB v .05 then all you have to do is get the Liberty Toolbox Donated back on and download from the Toolbox and then click Install and also click to allow it to clear data and cache for you before it begins installation/flashing. The Toolbox will take care of everything for you.

- Once all that is done. Sign back into Google, make sure everything is alright, go check out My Apps in the Market, see if the Market is restoring all your apps properly. You will have Titanium Backup to restore any issues the Market has.

I think this should definitely cover it.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed information. I have 2 questions.
1. Is it necessary to sbf before flashing the leak or can I go from Liberty 2.0 to gb leak with a data wipe in clockwork? (I'm sure it is safer to do an sbf)
2. If I dl 0.5 while on froyo, can I just flash the gb leak and while still in cw flash liberty gb 0.5? Or do i have to reboot system now into the leak and then from there go back into cw and flash 0.5? I just thought it might be easier to flash both files and make it less redundant.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
1. Everywhere I see this, it says that it is imperative that you SBF back to stock Froyo before flashing the leaked GB. Not sure why, but I don't think I want to find out what will happen if I do it another way, lol.

2. Not sure, I haven't really seen anyone do it this way. I see instructions and people tell you to wipe data and cache, flash the leaked GB, reboot, activate your phone, go through the rest of the process, go back into Recovery, wipe data and cache and flash version .05. I see this mention practically all the time. I haven't seen anyone mentioning successfully doing it the way you asked.

PTREE818

Reaction score
:reddroid::greendroid::reddroid::blackdroid:Yes Hello on TBH zip. you can just be on Froyo u just have to be rooted , and it will basically (OTA) u to Rooted Gingerbread 2.3, so No it is not necessary to SBF, unless u **** up after ( ginger to Lib-Ginger and get bricked or bootlooped)

A: to second .. I think ur better off trying it that way , if I am understanding u right thats what my final result was 6hrs later.!:greendroid::motdroidvert:dancedroid

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I went straight from zombiestomp 1.71 to liberty .5 just by clearing data/cache. Maybe I got lucky but installed without a hitch.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the droid life site where the monster file is located, it says you can flash it like you would a rom (if you're on say liberty 2.0.1). Just do a data wipe, buuut im sure it's safer to sbf (i would imagine it always is, just to have a clean slate. I want my gb to be smooth and to have the least amount of glitch). As for the second thing I asked, i figured I would probably have to reboot into the leak then go back into cw to flash liberty gb, but i thought I would ask (it sounded like it would work, flashing both sequentially). Thank you for the responses

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. Everywhere I've read, so far, it has stated to SBF back to stock Froyo before flashing the leaked GB. If it wasn't necessary then they probably wouldn't have added that and would have said to just wipe data and cache and then flash the leaked GB.

I can't question it. I just follow the rules that has the most success.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it says you don't have to sbf on the site. Just to wipe in clockwork if you're coming from a froyo rom (liberty), but like I said I agree with you that it's safer.