In need of a app similar to "where is my droid"

zoro

Reaction score
With the app "wheres my droid" you can set it up to ring in silent or vibrate no matter what when you send a text message to the phone that matches the text that you have your phone set to ring in the app.

What I need is the same thing, but ring when the phone is set to vibrate or no ring when a particular phone number calls the phone.

Basically the same app, but I need it to work when a certain phone number calls and not the texting part.

Any out like this? Or would this be a good app for someone to make.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread moved...maybe this will get more attention here

OP
zoro

zoro

Reaction score
Thread moved...maybe this will get more attention here
Thanks!! I have a Devour if that matters, not sure how much different apps are for the two phones though.

This would be a great app if someone created it. I would pay for it also.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recommend mobiledefense, it's worked 100% for me so far.

https://www.mobiledefense.com
It will do what I am wanting? It looks like way to much more that I want also.

I'm not sure what 'way too much more' means, but MobileDefense is great! You lose your phone or it gets stolen, and you can lock it down and/or wipe it remotely if necessary. Where's My Droid is good, too, just more basic.

OP
zoro

zoro

Reaction score
I recommend mobiledefense, it's worked 100% for me so far.

https://www.mobiledefense.com
It will do what I am wanting? It looks like way to much more that I want also.

I'm not sure what 'way too much more' means, but MobileDefense is great! You lose your phone or it gets stolen, and you can lock it down and/or wipe it remotely if necessary. Where's My Droid is good, too, just more basic.

I am wanting a app that works like Wheres my droid does that will let only a phone number ring and not text messages make the phone ring when in silent mode. Set the attention word for a phone number and not a text message.

randy21671

Reaction score
With the app "wheres my droid" you can set it up to ring in silent or vibrate no matter what when you send a text message to the phone that matches the text that you have your phone set to ring in the app.

What I need is the same thing, but ring when the phone is set to vibrate or no ring when a particular phone number calls the phone.

Basically the same app, but I need it to work when a certain phone number calls and not the texting part.

Any out like this? Or would this be a good app for someone to make.

I have an app that might work.... Check out "Look out" in the app market. It can locate your phone from a PC. It is also an anti virus.

dantrona

Reaction score
Someone is trying to avoid an ex-gf or something...

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
[/quote]

I am wanting a app that works like Wheres my droid does that will let only a phone number ring and not text messages make the phone ring when in silent mode. Set the attention word for a phone number and not a text message.[/QUOTE]

Where's my DROID has a feature for taking a call an turning on the ringer. So you can find your DROID from a house phone that cannot send texts. Would work just as well from a mobile number.