IMPORTANT: Significant difference in bionic fw that causes radio and battery issues

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since I've been working on theming for the d3, specifically my rom MavRom, and I found an xml in the framework-res.apk that differs between the bionic and the d3. The xml for the d3 contains values pertaining to the cpu and radio where the bionic one contains no cpu information and different radio values. I was having issues staying connected to google(when icons go blue) and battery usage stats had the discrepancy of cell standby as the biggest user, and battery life was sparatic.

Anyway, after replacing the xml with the stock d3 one, battery usage stats returned to normal, performance has improved, and google is staying connected and not being dropped. So I am advising that themes are properly ported over to the d3 from the bionic rather than flashing the theme as is. The name of the file is power_profile.xml found in framework-res.apk > res>xml

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
mind throwing up the file so I can compare the xml files from my wip theme, i used the framework straight from Steel Droid so I have no idea which xml is the correct D3 one.

Thanks!

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mind throwing up the file so I can compare the xml files from my wip theme, i used the framework straight from Steel Droid so I have no idea which xml is the correct D3 one.

Thanks!

Download any bionic theme and decompile fwres.apk. Browse to res>xml for the file in framework-res.apk. in the d3 one you will see values for the cpu that the bionic one does not have, thats the easiest way to tell.

Last edited:

Endoroid

Reaction score
I tried pulling the power_profile.xml from my stock framework and inserting it into my current rom(liberty)but i always end up with my boot animation looping. I've tried using apk manager, ark manager(i use linux) and using ninjamorph right on the phone. I've also tried wiping cache/data/dalvik for each method and still no love. Any hints?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried pulling the power_profile.xml from my stock framework and inserting it into my current rom(liberty)but i always end up with my boot animation looping. I've tried using apk manager, ark manager(i use linux) and using ninjamorph right on the phone. I've also tried wiping cache/data/dalvik for each method and still no love. Any hints?

Im not sure if liberty has the wrong one to begin with. This is mainly for themes from the bionic going to the d3 and vise versa. When you copy it over it, both frameworks need to be in the same state. IE decompiled or compiled. You dont want to copy a decopiled xml into a compiled framework.

Endoroid

Reaction score
Im not sure if liberty has the wrong one to begin with. This is mainly for themes from the bionic going to the d3 and vise versa. When you copy it over it, both frameworks need to be in the same state. IE decompiled or compiled. You dont want to copy a decopiled xml into a compiled framework.

I do believe liberty is a port from the bionic, the power_profile.xml was different then the one from my stock framework. If I used ark manager to drag from one apk straight to the other it should work?

Sent from my rooted xt860

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The apps on the phone doesnt recompress an apk correctly after you edit them. But yes, you can just drag and drop but you have to do it on a computer then flash it.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is a corrected liberty fwres.apk http://i.min.us/jrs3Sk6ReR4eB.apk just replace the one in the rom update.zip and reflash the rom. No wipe.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for this buck...it helped with liberty!
I droped your file in the zip,then just because i wiped everything,sbf'd then installed the new zip and i must say my d3 is now alot snappier and i dont keep loosing google..very nice..oh and i also notice my d3 isnt switching from 3g to 1x all the time like it was..
Awsome job and thanks for sharin!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey someone..the framework res apk was deleted off minus...could someone post an alt link please..:biggrin: