Impending Droid Price cuts???

petrocity

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a droid but I know the Droid 2 is coming in August (I hope). My question is, will it be likely that Verizon will try to liquidate their stock for much cheaper or will they just pull them off the shelves when the droid 2 comes?

Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can already get them for $19

Or are you hoping they will sell them off with no contract? (not going to happen)

OP
P

petrocity

Reaction score
no i am definitely staying on contract but im not convinced of wirefly or amazon, where are you seeing them for $19?

Skytile

Reaction score
I went to go ask my Verizon reps about random questions including whether the Droid would drop in price or not when the new ones came out. He said that it probably wouldn't drop with the X because there still wouldn't be a real replacement for it. But when the 2 comes out, it'll probably drop because they'll be trying to get rid of them all. I'm pretty sure that was just a guess, though. Take from it what you will. :)
(He also told me the 2 might not even make it out until September. Let's be hopeful anyway.)

OP
P

petrocity

Reaction score
I would think it would make more sense for them to drop it to $99 and then a few weeks before 2 releases they pull it off the shelves like they pulled the eris off before the incredible.