IMAP Gmail move

sgm-co

Reaction score
Is it possible to organize emails via a standard imap gmail account?

I want to move specific emails to specific email folders via the phone.

Yes, no, maybe, maybe not, possibly, I don't know?

SGM

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

SGM

I think you can do what you want by going to your Google settings on line and creating new labels. I see folders already created for travel, etc. Give that a look see if it helps.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

SGM

Yes... This is the whole purpose behind/for IMAP. Changes that you make on ANY client (your phone, thunderbird, online) are changed 'on the server' and therefore (once refreshed) are shown across all your clients.

Just choose "change labels" from within the email, though the default client on the phone lacks the ability to "make" new labels. But once they are created online (or from another client, thunderbird works GREAT) than they will be available on your phone. Just make sure you keep in mind that the "sync" time/parameters are specific to each folder (not universal). gmail also has a TON of advanced features for sorting (i.e. auto sorting, archiving ect.). If you have a more specific question let us know.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
seems like with Gmail you have to set up Groups via the website and labels via the website. we should be able to do this from the phone with out having to use a computer to do it... Yeah I know I can go to WWW via the browser and set it up, but its EASIER to do on a large display and big keyboard

-=Jason=-

OP
sgm-co

sgm-co

Reaction score
Yes IMAP is great...keeping my Eris, Outloook and Gmail account in sync. If I am hearing correct...I can't move emails around on my phone at the present time, correct?

I'll try K-9 and see how that works.

Thanks for the assistance!!!