IMAP e-mail

Tom

Reaction score
Is there a setting somewhere on my Motorola Droid that when I delete a email in my IMAP account it deletes the same e-mail on my corporate server? I know the setting exists in the Blackberry world but I can't find it on the Droid. As you can imagine, after reading all of my IMAP mail and deleting what needs to go, when the phone syncs, I get ALL of my mail back.

I could sure use some help on this one.

Thanks.

OP
T

Tom

Reaction score
No one has any ideas? I guess this thing is just to new!

mjs31

Reaction score
Is there a setting somewhere on my Motorola Droid that when I delete a email in my IMAP account it deletes the same e-mail on my corporate server? I know the setting exists in the Blackberry world but I can't find it on the Droid. As you can imagine, after reading all of my IMAP mail and deleting what needs to go, when the phone syncs, I get ALL of my mail back.

I could sure use some help on this one.

Thanks.

Thats strange. I always thought this was an auto feature if IMAP (although I very well may be wrong on this), not an on/off feature. I only use my gmail account for IMAP (on home computer) but it is automatically setup to delete IMAP if I delete them on my phone.

goatofmanycolors

Reaction score
IMAP woes

This is a problem with the email client on the Droid. This, combined with the lack of a few other key features, such as signatures for email messages and move/copy between folders, makes the Droid email client completely unacceptable for serious use. This is currently the most serious problem with the device, IMO.

--G

ScottE

Reaction score
try k-9 mail client, it seems to be working fairly well, although it doesn't show all the emails combined like the standard client. you can also do mark all as read without having to check off each item.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a problem with the email client on the Droid. This, combined with the lack of a few other key features, such as signatures for email messages and move/copy between folders, makes the Droid email client completely unacceptable for serious use. This is currently the most serious problem with the device, IMO.

--G

Well i use the imap on yahoo, and it deletes it just fine.