Images not showing up in gallery

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
So something weird is happening to my gallery on my droid x. If I take a picture, it'll save the picture (most of the time) automatically. However, when I go to check the pictures later on, maybe like a couple of hours later, they don't show. Theres just the generic grey frame to show that theres a picture there but I can't view it. I'm running gingerbread but I can't imagine why that would affect it. Does anyone know why this might be and what I can do to fix it?

swyped with speed from my droid x

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Copy all the files on your SD card over to your PC/Laptop and then format your SD card...it may have a corrupted file/s on it which might be causing the issue. Once you format the card, copy all the files back to your SD Card and see if you still have the problem...if so, then you know you have a bad file or files and will need add your files back individually until you come to a file that causes the Gallery to flake out...

pool_shark

Reaction score
I hope you haven't already followed the previous advice, that is a last resort.

First install and run sdrescan.

If that doesn't work clear the data in the gallery app, menu - settings - applications - manage applications - all.

Next option, install gallery 3d to see if it can find any bad files.

Finally clear the data in media storage. That works for me every time.

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that and see what happens and if I can find the problem.

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
That seemed to work really good. I can see my pix now and so far they're not disappearing. Thanks for your help.

Swyped with speed on X w/GB

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
Using sdrescan and then going into manage applications to clear out the data.

Swyped with speed on X w/GB