Im starting to HATE my DROID

Reaction score
Im on my 6th Droid and Im Ticked!:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: Since Dec I have had to return legitimately 6 Droids, because of Software issues.The screen blacks out in a call. I cant switch the call over if another call comes in, I cant see who is calling, I literally have to slide the phone open to see the screen, use the dialer etc. For instance if I make a call that I need to push prompts in, from the key pad I have to slide the phone open... then in order to end the call I
have to take the battery out.:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: I have wondered if its the apps I have downloaded.. however I have only a select few.. the ones they recommended.. Bar scanner and the Advanced Task Killer, then I did the Hi Yahoo, which is never on, I have a Daily Horoscope, Handcent,safeneighborhood,useless facts.. nothing major.... So what could be happening!!!
Verizon keeps telling me they will keep replacing them with the certified like new. In the first month I got a new one replaced, then from there on it was certified like new...
Im over this whole issue...I contacted Motorola and they said I can send my phone to them and I will be with out a phone for about 2 weeks.. I cant even think about being with out a phone for 2 weeks!
Anyone having issues...or ideas to help me... today I should get my 6th one!!!!
Ho hummmmmmmmmmm
Claire:mad:

serveitup911

Reaction score
Get rid of advanced task killer. Unless it is set up perfectly, it can cause problems. Maybe it is killing some of your system processes.

Have you tried starting the phone in safe mode and running that way (only runs the base system processes). If you have no problems doing this, you have an app conflict.

Have you received the 2.1 OTA yet? If not, maybe it will fix your issues.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well Serveitup911 pretty much suggested what I was going to in the safe mode and get rid of the advanced task killer. The only other suggestion I have is to update to 2.1 if you haven't already to see if that changes anything. Also some may frown on this but it would function as a viable troubleshooting step. If you update to 2.1, run in safe mode, get rid of the task killer and you still have problems I suggest rooting the phone and going with a custom ROM. If the problems persist across the board with stock and custom ROM images than you can without a doubt say it is a hardware issue. BUT if any of the above mentioned steps up to and including rooting the device fixes the problem(s) then it is definitely software and not OS related.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect to the OP, and indeed some of your problems I don't understand but many of these issues appear to be user error.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

There are specific instructions on how to pick up a call while on another call. And I think if you read though this guide you should find answers for other questions as well.

The screen not returning after ending a call....That should happen, you're right.

Having to pull the battery to end a call? No, it will end as soon as the other person hangs up no matter what.

Hope this helps.

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
Bill
the call is still in black screened and I cant even see to change over to see who is calling to try to answer the call.
claire

get quad

Reaction score
Bill
the call is still in black screened and I cant even see to change over to see who is calling to try to answer the call.
claire
the accelerometer in the phone is set to return the screen to an 'on state' when the phone is held flat (where the screen would be facing the sky).

I would also tend to think user error.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
if you by any chance have long hair this has been known to cause problems with the proximity sensor and leading to black screens.

oh yeah.....loose the ATK :icon_ devil:

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
No I have curly hair, Motorola told me that the screen protectors cause hardware and software issues as well on these phones? Could this be true?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I have curly hair, Motorola told me that the screen protectors cause hardware and software issues as well on these phones? Could this be true?

If Verizon told me that I might doubt it. Motorola on the other hand has no reason to fib to you. It's their phone, I'd take them at their word.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
im sorry to say this but u r dumb do u know how to fully use ur phone? the droid has a built in proximity sensor that cuts ur screen off when ur on a call if it is close to ur body! second when ur screen does shut off hit the unlock button to turn it back on and third when u unlock the screen and ur in a call to get ur onscreen dialpad back on hit the dialpad button right next to the end button

Darkseider

Reaction score
im sorry to say this but u r dumb do u know how to fully use ur phone? the droid has a built in proximity sensor that cuts ur screen off when ur on a call if it is close to ur body! second when ur screen does shut off hit the unlock button to turn it back on and third when u unlock the screen and ur in a call to get ur onscreen dialpad back on hit the dialpad button right next to the end button

Wow that was uncalled for. People don't call you dumb for owning a Gixxer when we all know the Yamaha R1 is superior in every way shape and form. :icon_ banana: