Im new

Mufc_Fanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys im new obviously. And I was told to do this haha. Now I have absolutely no idea how to post new threads. Any help please?? And I dont want to post them in the wrong section. But i have a question about my phone.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
well you seem to have a evo. i think this forum might do you a little better.

HTC Evo 4G

you have a great phone! now you just have to get it to its full potential! have fun!

BTW...if you havent ever rooted....it looks harder then it really is...just dive right in and read instructions carefully!

OP
Mufc_Fanatic

Mufc_Fanatic

Reaction score
Oh is this not a forum for Evo? My bad! Sorry, and also. What is rooting?? If ya dont mind me asking.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

And typically this forum deals primarily with Verizon android phones. This does not in anyway mean you are not welcome, just that there may not be a whole lot of info hear pertaining to your device.
But, if you want to know what root is you can always check out the thread link I am going to provide for you. Do not pay attention to the title, it is what the original thread starter named it, not me :)

THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board!

Seems like you know how to start a new thread as you've started this one:D

OP
Mufc_Fanatic

Mufc_Fanatic

Reaction score
Dang you guys are helpful haha. I appreciate it, and i cant figure out how to post a question on the other forum.... Haha i guess I will just keep trying at it!! but thanks a lot, Ill try and see if I should root it. Do you think its worth it??

OP
Mufc_Fanatic

Mufc_Fanatic

Reaction score
I just read that post on the rooting. And it scares the crap out of me haha. If I "brick" my phone. My parents will beat me over the head with a brick... What are the advantages to doing this??

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I kind of figured you meant under a specific topic. Anyway, is it a question specific to your device or is it more of a general Android question? If it is specifically for your phone I dont know who will have an answer but an Android question we might be able to help you with. So ask away!!

And as far as rooting goes I feel it is worth it. But it is not something that is necessary. The best thing to do is research it a lot, including what to do when something goes wrong, and then make the most well informed decision you can. But make sure you know what you are getting into.

Last edited:
OP
Mufc_Fanatic

Mufc_Fanatic

Reaction score
Alright thanks. Ill just ask, if you cant help than no big. If i am using an app on my phone. When I press the home button. "Im assuming all phones have that haha"? My whole screen goes white and loads for about 10 seconds. Its just a big white screen that says HTC. Its not too big of a deal, but when it does it every time i press home. It gets a bit annoying. It didnt do this when i first had it. And it seems to go away when i erase a lot of apps. I am buying a 32 Gigabyte micro sd card tomorrow I am hoping it will help. Any idea?