I'm buying the Nexus 2...and here's why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimloktt

Reaction score
All of this is in my own mind but I wager it to be true... :biggrin:

Google/Samsung Engineering: "Boss, we can make this kick-a** phone with all the best features: rear 8mp camera, front facing 2mp camera, BT 4.0 for less battery draw...and of course, ICS and a nice, large screen."

Boss: "No way you idiot. Since this is the first ICS phone with the largest screen ever offered, we don't need to put the other goodies in there. We'll sell millions without them. Just figure out the point where we'd turn buyers off and use that. After a few months, we'll change the cameras out, upgrade the BT and we'll make another couple $Zillion."

...Hence, the shatty camera MP and old school BT.

I'll be waiting for version 2. :happy3:

So, what do you say? Just for the record, I'm not trying to p!ss anyone off--honestly. Just throwing out some food for thought and my true position... Am interested in what others think

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I can't agree with you on the camera. I tested skype out with my wife today. She said to me ... geeze you need to shave I can see your whiskers with that thing.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Lol OK wait. Except Google doesn't release phones every month like HTC and moto.

Also I dont think Google leaves things behind like other companies. They release the best they can
They haven't even marketed this phone.

Nubbie

Reaction score
As soon as nexus 2 comes out you'll hold out for nexus 3. next thing you know you'll be waiting for nexus 4. next thing. youll die a nexus virgin.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I wouldnt be surprised at all if we never even see another Nexus on Verizon.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would love that....but i sure cant see Google releasing a Nexus developer phone with a non-removable battery and that seems to be the only type of phone Moto has been releasing.

hydro556

Reaction score
I wish people would take the time to understand what Megapixels actually do on a camera.

Aint that the truth. But I dont see it happening. Marketing victims tend to stay that way.

But in all honesty, I wish you luck with the GNex 2. I am sure it would be a bad ass phone and I hope you are happy with it.

They are just phones, and there are tons of the available, get what works best for you.

For me, I tried out most all of the current crop of superphones, and I believe I will be sticking with the Nex. It is easily the best phone I have ever handled.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Why do you need more than 5MP camera on a phone? You planning on printing monster banners from your phone? Megapixelz aren't everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to mention a "Nexus 2" won't be released for at least a year, it's how Google's always done their flagship phones.

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
I wish people would take the time to understand what Megapixels actually do on a camera.

A quick search appears to have confirmed my understanding: How Many Megapixels Does My Digital Camera Need? - TFPSoft In short, I have young kids and lots of events and don't care to take a camera with me...just about for any occasion. I'd like to reach for my phone--which is usually right in my pocket to catch those special moments--to snap pictures that I may and have used to generate larger prints. What do you think I don't understand? Maybe this could be a learning point here...

Status
Not open for further replies.