I'm BACK!!! (and Happy)

huskur

Reaction score
Well, after a 3 month hiatus I am back with the droid community.

Curiosity got the best of me. I dove into "droid" when the OG Droid came out on day 1. It was my first smartphone and i loved it. I then went into a Droid X. Nice phone but just never was completely satisfied. Friends has other android devices which i wasn't quite really into. (though the Droid 3 tempted me)

So what happened? Yes, I got the iPhone 4S. I wanted to see what the big deal was on Apple devices and why people wait in line for days to get one. Guess what? Certainly it is not worth it (my opinion) I have had the iPhone for 3 months now. Trying to give it time to "grow" on me. That has not happened. I am not taking anything away from it. It's a nice phone and very fast and the battery life is awesome. (of course the battery life is awesome it only runs one app at a time unlike the droid that is steadily multitasking) The multitasking of the droid is what i miss. Getting the home screens set up with the apps and being available instantaniously without having to find the app and then wait for it to open is what i grew accustom to. Something i didn't think that was a big deal.....notification lights....WOW was i wrong. It was nice waking in the middle of the night and seeing a particular color light flashing and knowing i had a text message or a email.

FYI----the messaging on the iPhone sucks. That is my largest complaint.

My rant is over and i am ready to contribute back to the android community!!!

Needless to say, I have a Droid 4 on its way and it will be here tomorrow! Thank god

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I really enjoy these stories as they remind me of why I have stayed with droids. I am also glad someone who has experience with droids and iphones can keep an objective viewpoint cause I'll never own one. But I do believe iphones are nice phones, just not for me. And..welcome back!

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
I really enjoy these stories as they remind me of why I have stayed with droids. I am also glad someone who has experience with droids and iphones can keep an objective viewpoint cause I'll never own one. But I do believe iphones are nice phones, just not for me. And..welcome back!

My thinking is......"if you never try then you will never know" that is why i gave the iphone a try. Didn't really waste an upgrade either. Bought the Droid 4 outright and the 32GB iphone 4S i have with accessories will go for well over $500 on ebay. :biggrin:

I am ready for the D4 to get here so i can root and get my tether back to.....something else i didn't think i would miss.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well, after a 3 month hiatus I am back with the droid community.

Curiosity got the best of me. I dove into "droid" when the OG Droid came out on day 1. It was my first smartphone and i loved it. I then went into a Droid X. Nice phone but just never was completely satisfied. Friends has other android devices which i wasn't quite really into. (though the Droid 3 tempted me)

So what happened? Yes, I got the iPhone 4S. I wanted to see what the big deal was on Apple devices and why people wait in line for days to get one. Guess what? Certainly it is not worth it (my opinion) I have had the iPhone for 3 months now. Trying to give it time to "grow" on me. That has not happened. I am not taking anything away from it. It's a nice phone and very fast and the battery life is awesome. (of course the battery life is awesome it only runs one app at a time unlike the droid that is steadily multitasking) The multitasking of the droid is what i miss. Getting the home screens set up with the apps and being available instantaniously without having to find the app and then wait for it to open is what i grew accustom to. Something i didn't think that was a big deal.....notification lights....WOW was i wrong. It was nice waking in the middle of the night and seeing a particular color light flashing and knowing i had a text message or a email.

FYI----the messaging on the iPhone sucks. That is my largest complaint.

My rant is over and i am ready to contribute back to the android community!!!

Needless to say, I have a Droid 4 on its way and it will be here tomorrow! Thank god
Husker!!!!! Welcome back brother!!! This post made my day. The D4 is pretty awesome. I miss a good keyboard to be perfectly honest :)

Anyway, Welcome back!! It will be great to see you around here again.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome back and congrats on the D4!!

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Husker!!!!! Welcome back brother!!! This post made my day. The D4 is pretty awesome. I miss a good keyboard to be perfectly honest :)

Anyway, Welcome back!! It will be great to see you around here again.

thanks CK!!! Back in the saddle starting tomorrow. One more day of this iphone. It will be on Ebay by friday:icon_ lala:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome back from the dark side (just kidding, but no really). Looking forward to having you around :biggrin:

starkgolfer

Reaction score
backing up root from Droid 1

husker, i wonder if you could tell me, i just bought a droid razr max and getting it tomorrow, i have backed up all my apps from my original droid 1 (including superuser and wireless tether) and i was wondering if i should go though the rooting process again or just try to download the backed up file. Im new to the forum so let me know if i should be looking elsewhere. thanks.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome starkgolfer!! You are going to have to start over. I would recommend starting by heading over to our Droid Razr Hacks section and checking out some of the info there. Lots of info to check out and if you have questions it would be a good place to ask them as well.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
husker, i wonder if you could tell me, i just bought a droid razr max and getting it tomorrow, i have backed up all my apps from my original droid 1 (including superuser and wireless tether) and i was wondering if i should go though the rooting process again or just try to download the backed up file. Im new to the forum so let me know if i should be looking elsewhere. thanks.

You will need to "reroot" the Razr Maxx and reinstall wireless tether. There is root instructions for it in the hacks section. Keep me up to date! I just got rid of my Droid 4 and i Have a Razr Maxx that will be here tomorrow!!! (D4= terrible battery life) Can't wait for the Maxx