I'm an idiot I deleted my camera DCIM folder does any one know how to restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrado_driver

Reaction score
I'm an idiot I deleted my camera DCIM folder does any one know how to restore. Cant use recovery software on the computer due to it not seeing as a drive sees as a device

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The folder should be re-created once you take a picture. Try doing that and see what happens.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you rooted?

OP
C

corrado_driver

Reaction score
I have Tried both of them neither work on 4.0 :( I hate not having an SD card

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
yeah that is worthless it dosnt tell how to get it back just says you cant. I know you can get it just dont know if there is any undelete programs from android 4.0 that work

If it was the internal memory, it may be lost forever but there is still a chance of recovery. If it's the SD card (on phones with them), the chance of recovery is greater. I use several applications for the purpose of recovery of files and directories. One that works well is R-Studio. There are plenty of similar applications and most perform equally well but some are more intuitive than others making the process easier. Google a search for "recover files SD card USB", or "undelete camera card", and that should yield a number of appropriate options. Just be careful NOT to take ANY new pictures since they will be effectively overwriting the ones you wish to recover.

By the way, this process will go much easier if you do this on a PC through the USB cable so make sure the application you choose allows recovery of "external drives".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have Tried both of them neither work on 4.0 :( I hate not having an SD card

Dang. I know you said you can't use software on pc, since the internal storage isn't seen but let's try something...

Open up settings->Storage and press menu button on bottom click USB Storage then select Camera PTP instead of MTP

5fK7W.png

What program did you try before? Give this one a shot. Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would call that folder lost. Sorry.

Just be more careful next time.

I wouldn't. Unless the data has been overwritten it still exists on the flash ram.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

corrado_driver

Reaction score
Dam I got some sweet pics of my car that I lost lol and dog. I wish there was some cracked program that would do this. Somebody needs to make one I know I would buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.