Im A newb that is really confused PLEASe HELP UNROOT PROBLEMS

armoayjay

Reaction score
i followed this guys rooting and unrooting vids on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEj_grcVK24

i think i have a unrooted dorid now but i dnt know how to check, the other and main problem is im running version 2.0.1 i want to get back to the 2.1 version i got out of the box how can i do this;there is NO message poping up about over the air updates

-whats going on?

please help!!!!

dmac90

Reaction score
Do you still have the "Superuser Permissions" app?

OP
A

armoayjay

Reaction score
no i dont
i have dwnld the unroot_update.zip file and run it in recovery
but i still cant update to 2.1

dmac90

Reaction score
You should be able to just go into Settings > About Phone > System Updates...right?

OP
A

armoayjay

Reaction score
i tried that but it says your system is currently up to date

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I believe the the droidmod updated puts sp recovery on for you, then download rom manager from market once you are rooted. You will be able to use rom manager to flash to clockwork and then install any rom you want.

jim1974

Reaction score
You do realize how old that video is right? He was talking about the 2.1 OTA update not even being released yet. Were you able to get your phone back to out of the box stock?

RiotSauce

Reaction score
when I SPR back to 2.0.1 and turned on the phone, it didn't push the OTA-- Just do a manual update-- DL the 2.1 .zip, rename to update.zip, apply and magic!

OP
A

armoayjay

Reaction score
I believe the the droidmod updated puts sp recovery on for you, then download rom manager from market once you are rooted. You will be able to use rom manager to flash to clockwork and then install any rom you want.
vits i put on rom manager and the updater
what do u mean by flash to clockwork and how do i get the rom back to the out of the box one ?

i really dont know what im doing

OP
A

armoayjay

Reaction score
when I SPR back to 2.0.1 and turned on the phone, it didn't push the OTA-- Just do a manual update-- DL the 2.1 .zip, rename to update.zip, apply and magic!
okay ill try it but if u look at the vid i posted the guy i listened to said not to do it for some reason idk why

dmac90

Reaction score
Didn't you make a nandroid backup before doing this whole process that you can just revert to 2.1? Or would that give you root again?

OP
A

armoayjay

Reaction score
Didn't you make a nandroid backup before doing this whole process that you can just revert to 2.1? Or would that give you root again?

No I never made a nandroid backup I never knew how to make it