I'm a new Crackberry convert!!! Hi all!

Nas

Reaction score
Thanks Nas....

Yeah it took a little bit at first to get use to the bb keyboard but once I got it, it became second nature to use it. I'm trying to keep my running apps at a minimum on the droid3 and not running wifi or gps unless I have to to help keep the power from draining too long. Extended batteries are so small I can just slip one in my wallet and have it with me when on the go.

Best way to keep battery good on the driod is to lower the brightness when you don't need it. Driod screens hog alot of juice. Try the brightness profiles from the app world. And also look into and extended battery for you driod 3

Sent from my I500 using DroidForums
I was reading this aloud for some strange reason and when I got to the part that i highlighted in bold I threw up in my mouth alittle!!!!!!

Set your screen to auto brightness and it will do everything you need it to on its on. and we don't have an app world!

Btw if you don't have the new market yet you should definitively get it.

Lol I was like we don't have an app world, and then it hit me that app world is for blackberry lol

Sent from my Fascinate rocking MIUI

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Set your screen to auto brightness and it will do everything you need it to on its on. and we don't have an app world!

Btw if you don't have the new market yet you should definitively get it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the brightness selection. FYI the droid3 comes with the latest version of market already. So I got it.

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Turning down screen brightness has generally been sound advice but not so with the pentile screen on the droid 3. Have a look in the droid 3 general section and the thread titled battery life. Users are getting 2-10% battery drain from the screen. The top two are standby and idle. Oh and also disable global antenna and just use cdma for better battery performance. Many users are getting over 12 hours and you should too.

I will most certainly turn off the GSM or global or whatever they're calling it now. Yeah, I have no plans on going to Europe any time soon so there is no need to run that band's transceiver if I'm not using it. I'll just have to take some time to find all of this stuff.

The capabilities of this phone are overwhelming. I haven't even finished setting up my contacts the way I want it yet, next is to work on the ringtone/notifications. Which BTW I've noticed one thing about the droid3 that I miss in the Blackberry...

It seems to me that the audio level is much lower on the DROID3 versus my BLACKBERRY. I imported my custom ringtones/notifications from the BB to the D3, however they're not as loud as they were on my BB. Almost to the point where they're useless.

Certainly not loud enough to hear while in my pocket with say my radio playing or sitting on a desk while in another room.

before anyone asks, I've already been to settings/sounds and I've made sure all of the levels are maxed out. Doesn't matter.

the BB had sound profiles I could select from Silent/Low/Medium/Normal/Loud.

I'm not finding anything like this (so far) in the D3.

Right now the only thing I can think to do is edit my ringtones/notifications in audacity and increase the file's volume by at least 50% just to get an acceptable level from the phone's speaker.

Any advice is appreciated.