Iindividual tones and Quick Text...

cadre.9

Reaction score
Hi. I've only had my X for a couple of weeks so I'm still feeling my way around. One thing I don't see is a way to set individual ringtones based on the caller. Also I would like a seperate tone for incoming email and texts.

Speaking of texts, my old Samsung Sway permitted me to enter "Quick Text", preformatted language which saved me from typing the same things over and over, but I can't find that feature on the Droid.

Am I not looking in the right places?

Appreciate any help.

cadre.9

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Thank you. I just Googled Handcent and it looks like a winner.

cadre.9

mwshows

Reaction score
Hi. I've only had my X for a couple of weeks so I'm still feeling my way around. One thing I don't see is a way to set individual ringtones based on the caller. Also I would like a seperate tone for incoming email and texts.

Speaking of texts, my old Samsung Sway permitted me to enter "Quick Text", preformatted language which saved me from typing the same things over and over, but I can't find that feature on the Droid.

Am I not looking in the right places?

Appreciate any help.

cadre.9

+1 For Handcent. I love it and it is extremely customizable. You can even set individual notifications for each contact text.

On the call notifications, go to your contact. Them press the menu hardkey on the bottom left of the phone. A menu will pop up, select 'edit contact'.

That will bring you into the contact edit screen. Scroll to the bottom, and then click the little arrow icon to the right side of 'additional info'. That will give you more editing options INCLUDING the option to set a specific ringtone for the contact.

Hope that helps. On a sidenote, take look at Zedge Ringtones in the app market. It has thousands of ringtones. Not all are great quality, but a lot are really good. There are also many ringtone editors in the market that you can use to make your own ringtones out of music files.

Hope that helps you out!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk