iFixIt Tear Down of the Motorola Droid Bionic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-teardown-sept-2011.jpg

If you are squeamish about seeing the innards of the beautiful new Droid Bionic, you may not want to look at the pics of this story. The guys at iFixIt.com fully dissected the device for us tech-nerds that don't want to risk it, but are curious to see all the working pieces from the inside out. Hit the source link below for the full gamut of tear down pics.

I am reminded of the line from the 80's movie Short Circuit,
"Disassemble!?! No disassemble!!!!"
It's okay Johnny 5. They can rebuild him. They have the technology. They can make him better... stronger... faster!
...at least in a year or two when they come out with a Quad-Core Droid Bionic 2...

Source: iFixIt

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats the point?:blink:
P

They probably was like me as a kid. I used to like to take electronics apart to see how they worked. Guess thats why I went to school for engineering...lol

Probably their inner kid coming out, or they're really engineers. Maybe they're just crazy.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
P

They probably was like me as a kid. I used to like to take electronics apart to see how they worked. Guess thats why I went to school for engineering...lol

Probably their inner kid coming out, or they're really engineers. Maybe they're just crazy.

haha no i understand why you'd wanna see the inner workings...i'd want to as well (kid or not haha)...what i dont understand is the point of showing it on a website i guess. your not really getting anything out of it looking at its pieces. if you were doing it yourself at least you could try to put it back together haha...

vmspionage

Reaction score
I'm excited to see this... the processor isn't fully enclosed, like it was in the OG

VcAKq2xN3BxUL5NE.medium

The only problem is that I'd have to lose the 4G sim and microSD if I wanted to hack in another heat sink like I did to the OG.

Another possibility would be to remove the rear camera and have a flush case fabricated... or maybe a whole new body made of metal or some other material.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
haha no i understand why you'd wanna see the inner workings...i'd want to as well (kid or not haha)...what i dont understand is the point of showing it on a website i guess. your not really getting anything out of it looking at its pieces. if you were doing it yourself at least you could try to put it back together haha...

I was looking at this a little over an hour ago and even with the disclaimer on the first page, I was thinking that if I ever needed some basic guidance on disassembling an old device I could use this site as a reference. :mellow:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this a little over an hour ago and even with the disclaimer on the first page, I was thinking that if I ever needed some basic guidance on disassembling an old device I could use this site as a reference. :mellow:

true, you're right. its a good reference point.