If I back up my stock rom can I flash back to it? Or do I need to SBF?

Insidious

Reaction score
So I've played around with just about all of the D2G Roms. What im wondering is, I am currently on stock so if I make a nandroid backup and flash Hexen can I just re flash my backup instead of sbf'ing?

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

xaelith

Reaction score
From what I understand, sbf'ing is where you connect your phone tho a computer while the device is in bootloader mode, and push a .sbf file to it with an sdk program such as RSD Lite. Usually, the .sbf is the custom recovery program, which is essential to the whole rooting and romming process.

In answer to your question, yes. If you create a nandroid backup of your phone prior to doing anything but sbf'ing, then when you restore that backup, your phone will once again be like you've not done anything to it. If/when you make the backup, I personally recommend selecting all the options because it saves from having to download any of your apps, but also i'm still learning, myself, and don't know which parts of the backup are vital, and which are conveniences.

Last edited:
OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Haha yeah I consider myself an sbf veteran. I guess ill just pull the plus and give 'er a shot!

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, you can just apply the nanodroid.

-actually I made a nano right after sbfing, so I wouldnt have to sbf that much.

xaelith

Reaction score
Same here, but so that if a rom didn't play well with my D1, causing me to have to take the phone to the verizon store, I could reset it and act none the wiser about rooting and such ;)

Ended up having to use it when the 3g on my D1 died.