Ideal Video Format?

odoyle81

Reaction score
Can someone please create a sticky for the handbrake settings??
I seriously do not want to read through 18 pages of this thread to figure this out!

snowman

Reaction score
I like AVS Video tools, refered to me by Leo Laporte it's nice

snowman

Reaction score
ok after reading way to many pages of maybe this and maybe that any one have any real stats like what size and format is working best to convert to ?
I use AVS Video Converter and it is fast and VERY easy to work with, ( use it for Zune) I just need real sizes f someone can help wit that.
thanks much

D

dvdcatalyst

ok after reading way to many pages of maybe this and maybe that any one have any real stats like what size and format is working best to convert to ?
I use AVS Video Converter and it is fast and VERY easy to work with, ( use it for Zune) I just need real sizes f someone can help wit that.
thanks much

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

The trailers there are done at 854x480, 1500kbps H264 video, 160kbps AAC audio

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
question for DVD catalyst. I restore my computer to factory condition 2 times a year to keep it fast. If I buy DVDcatalyst, how do i re-install the program? Or do I get a CD in the mail?
Thanks!

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

question for DVD catalyst. I restore my computer to factory condition 2 times a year to keep it fast. If I buy DVDcatalyst, how do i re-install the program? Or do I get a CD in the mail?
Thanks!

Only twice a year, I'd settle for that with the mess I make.
I kill harddrives faster than to notice any speed slowdown.
I wipe my system when I install something, try it, and don't like it, rather than to uninstall and know that there is something left in there.

Anyway, no cd in the mail. Basically either backup the downloaded installer, or at the very least hold on to your order confirmation email / proof of purchase. and when the time is there, shoot me an email for a download link.

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
I found out how to fix the audio problem. Root the Droid and run SetCPU. At 800mhz the movies and sound are in sync. 1000mhz did not make it any better, but the stock 550mhz just cant keep up with HD video and sound. It used to go out of sync when I skipped around in the video and stay out of sync. Now it will start out of sync like it used to, but correct itself right away.

illogical

Reaction score
anyone know how to amplify audio? i have a mac and both isquint/handbrake to use as converters but alot of my video files come in pretty quite... much lower than music

snowman

Reaction score
I should have said "settings" they work well

"The trailers there are done at 854x480, 1500kbps H264 video, 160kbps AAC audio "

Last edited:

r314bd

Reaction score
I used Handbrake to convert an XviD file to mp4 and it worked great, but it took about 1.5 hours to convert every 1 hour of video...not really very efficient.

Anyone know if there is an easier/faster way to make a DivX/XviD video playable on the Droid? All my movies are DivX/XviD and converting all the ones I want to transfer over isn't really practical

D

dvdcatalyst

I used Handbrake to convert an XviD file to mp4 and it worked great, but it took about 1.5 hours to convert every 1 hour of video...not really very efficient.

Anyone know if there is an easier/faster way to make a DivX/XviD video playable on the Droid? All my movies are DivX/XviD and converting all the ones I want to transfer over isn't really practical

Unfortunately, ther eis no video player on the Droid yet that will handle divx/xvid. Only MPEG4 SP or MPEG4 AVC (H264)

But, 1.5 hours to convert 1 hour of video? You are either using a good old Pentium 2 System and its time for an upgrade to the 21st century, or you should try either some different conversion settings or a different conversion tool.