I'd love for some feedback on this cube runner clone

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Me and my friend have been working on a Cube Runner clone for a bit, just put a rough version on the market for feedback. :D

Please let me know of any issues you have, and thoughts on how we can make it better.

Download C.U.B.E.S. here or use the code below.

2n1yqmh.jpg

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems slick to me, definitely worthwhile to finish developing. I especially like the auto calibration of the accelerometer before the level begins. With a little more polish, and some sounds; i'd gladly purchase this as a paid app provided the price was reasonable.

dbutters

Reaction score
Finally! I've wanted a cuberunner game on my Droid forever. Once it's finished, I'd gladly pay for this app.

Ran it for a few moments here at work, it seems to run real smooth. I'd add a horizon of some kind, and flatten the arrow icon that represents the runner.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Nice work so far. I think you should keep going with this.
Course, you might want to change the app's name to "Cube Beta" or something like that. That way people can be more aware that its not a finished product..

OP
J

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. First update went out yesterday, changed named to beta and fixed a crash when hitting the "courses" button. Still looking for feedback!

OP
J

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Major gameplay patch went out yesterday. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go! We added another level which features procedurally generated waves. Pretty neat. Calibration has gone away completely (as has the need for it).

Firerouge

Reaction score
Registered just to tell you how much I love this app and how badly I had been waiting for it!

OP
J

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
New patch went out a few days ago, real time scoring is now in place, as well as a game over screen. We aren't making progress as fast as we'd like, but it's getting there!

kirra27

Reaction score
Great work on this game!

I really like the seemless switch into the next course. Definitely addictive and worth trying out. This may be the only game I keep on my droid. dancedroid

Looking forward to new updates!

dbutters

Reaction score
Just curious if you're nearing a final release yet. I think adding a turbo mode would be cool- speed the game up some, make the player sweat a little. Still waiting for a pay version too- this game is def with a $ or 2.

OP
J

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Hopefully final will be out this month. Here's a sneak preview of our latest home screen in our private build.

11jm7x2.png

OP
J

johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Level editing is so close...basically, we are at the point of making it so that you can point your phone to a .cubes file, and it will handle that file, and copy it to the appropriate folder on your SD card, which the game will then pick up the next time you open it.

All of the new GUI has been created, and we've got some music we need to drop in.

I would say a full release will come no later than the end of October, but hopefully sooner!