Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah not likely until end of august . rezound and thunderbolt are ahead of you

OP
tjb90291

tjb90291

Reaction score
Lmao who would have thought the T-Bolt would get it so soon it took them forever to roll out gingerbread for it

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using GO SMS

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
I'm curious though, when the Dinc 2 does get updated to ICS, will it still have the locked bloatware on the phone? Or do you think Verizon will allow me to delete the ****ing things?

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
Probably going to do this after the ICS update, but is it possible to basically root the phone, delete whatever I want but don't do Cyanogen mod or whatever?

phonetool

Reaction score
Probably going to do this after the ICS update, but is it possible to basically root the phone, delete whatever I want but don't do Cyanogen mod or whatever?

I don't think so. It seems that the only way to get root is to flash a ROM. I could be wrong, but that's what I had to do.

-CM7 on DInc2

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
It is possible to have a rooted stock phone. It just means you have root access without running a custom ROM. If you root your phone, you aren't required to have a custom ROM. Some people root then install an app like titanium backup that lets you freeze any and all apps you don't want. You can also delete them if you choose.

This post is Incredible 2

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
I've been told Titanium Backup is absolutely amazing to have. But like I said, I'd have to root my phone. But I think I'm going to wait for ICS before I do that. It's just that I want some things gone from my phone and also I will say, my phone as it is right now is doing some really strange things.

Krennel

Reaction score
It is possible to have a rooted stock phone. It just means you have root access without running a custom ROM. If you root your phone, you aren't required to have a custom ROM. Some people root then install an app like titanium backup that lets you freeze any and all apps you don't want. You can also delete them if you choose.

Pretty much what I did. The phone got so much quicker after I deleted the 20+ bloatware apps that Verizon crammed on there.

phonetool

Reaction score

At the time that I rooted my phone ,the only way to do it was to flash an earlier version of the stock OS.
This action alone was a full wipe.
From there you could get root and then change the recovery so that more ROM flashing could be done.

Maybe nowadays it's possible to root the dinc2 without blowing away the stock ROM , but that's news to me.

-CM7 on DInc2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
On some devices rooting gets harder after ICS.
If anyone is willing to root, you should do it now and not even bother waiting for the update.
A ROM has already been made for this phone based on some leak from HTC of the software we will be getting anyway.

I'm just waiting on HTC.
Not rooted anymore.