Ics

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

samiusmc

Reaction score
Isn't it a good thing that we're not first? By the time we get it, they should have the bugs worked out of the initial release.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it a good thing that we're not first? By the time we get it, they should have the bugs worked out of the initial release.

If only.......If HTC were actively polling the forums and/or working with the ROM developers then I'd agree...but they're in their own little world doing whatever it is they do in HTC Land and no matter how buggy the release for the Sensation line is, it's a good bet we'll get the exact same thing plus a ton of Verizon bloat to go along with it.

arbs27

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why us rooters have roms!!! :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
K

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Well that makes me sad.. You would think they would try to update the rezound earlier....

cp24eva

Reaction score
eh, don't count them out just yet. We wont truly know until we get it in our hands and then make the assessment. speculations are simply that...speculation. They could have great things in store OR they can be having a difficult time and release a dud of an ICS. Lets hope we get some goodness.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wish they would release a solid base of ICS for us so we can get some great solid ICS ROMs lol, not that the current ones aren't bad, but could be more awesome than they already are.

sadly it may be a little while before we see it officially, but, all well... :\

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that makes me sad.. You would think they would try to update the rezound earlier....

I would think they would worry about getting ICS on new phones before they thought about updating older phones. You have to remember that HTC lost interest in us the second we bought the phone. They don't make money by supporting old phones. They make money by making new phones.

racingbmwm3

Reaction score
From the HTC Facebook (Update on Android Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades | Facebook)
HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.

dzone67

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Thunderbolt so it's a safe bet (I want to guarantee) that we won't see ICS until Q2 IF were lucky.

Sent from a Rezound!

cp24eva

Reaction score
And by the looks of things, we wont be lucky. Man, if only there was another one phone company other than Apple.

acousticshade

Reaction score
What gets me is that they could increase sales on the Rezound IF it had ICS. LOL, hello, port ICS to the flagship phones first & take some of the thunder from the Nexus. I mean the only thing the Gnex has on the Rezound is a slightly larger amoled screen, better battery & ICS. Put a 1900 Mah battery in the phone, put ICS on it and market it as the Rezound Plus. Nexus sales go down, Rezound sales go up.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Just maybe....maybe they weren't trying to make this their flagship phone. Maybe they are banking on the Edge to be that. I hope they learn from their mistakes....Thunderbolt. You know, like how Moto fan where thinking the Bionic was going to be the flagship phone then BAM outta nowhere. Razr. well, not really outta nowhere...but kinda.