94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think so.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

DC 1127

Reaction score
Jxpinc said:
So if I force update what will that erase ? Got audio and pics I can't lose

It wont erase anything. Your stuff is safe.

devdeuce

Reaction score
iPhoneKiller180 said:
All that does is reset you're phone, you cant work around their algorithm. It may have been your turn...lucky

Pretty sure they were referring to figuring out how the screen capture works on ics.

jaybogg

Reaction score
You know what they say about idle minds....mine has come up with the following theory while stuck in neutral for the last 24 hrs.

We all know google/moto/verizon are all virtually joined at the hips. We know the developers have been doing something since November other than working on ICS which verizon promised to us all in a couple weeks when we purchased our phone, regardless of the date we purchased it.

I postulate they have developed a rollout filter call "Christmas". It has the ability to categorize each owner into 3 groups: naughty, nice, and no clue. It scans the web, moto records, and verizon records. Based on the results of your behavior regarding their companies and products, the place you into one of the three groups. The Nice group receives the OTA first, followed by the naughty group. Lastly, they roll out to the no clue group because obviously they have no clue.

I fear that based on my past heated discussions w/ verizon, I immediately was bumped to the naughty group, and upon further inspection, I was bumped to the no clue group based on my posts.

This is the only logical explanation I can think of as to why I have not gotten a notification or update!!:angry:

shiftat8k

Reaction score
So I got the update one 1 of my razrs last night. Still waiting for the other one.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yea...I may or may not have got the soak invite survey.....lol.

Does that cover me enough?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jaybogg said:
You know what they say about idle minds....mine has come up with the following theory while stuck in neutral for the last 24 hrs.

We all know google/moto/verizon are all virtually joined at the hips. We know the developers have been doing something since November other than working on ICS which verizon promised to us all in a couple weeks when we purchased our phone, regardless of the date we purchased it.

I postulate they have developed a rollout filter call "Christmas". It has the ability to categorize each owner into 3 groups: naughty, nice, and no clue. It scans the web, moto records, and verizon records. Based on the results of your behavior regarding their companies and products, the place you into one of the three groups. The Nice group receives the OTA first, followed by the naughty group. Lastly, they roll out to the no clue group because obviously they have no clue.

I fear that based on my past heated discussions w/ verizon, I immediately was bumped to the naughty group, and upon further inspection, I was bumped to the no clue group based on my posts.

This is the only logical explanation I can think of as to why I have not gotten a notification or update!!:angry:

Good stuff! I picture a Verizon colored Android looking a bit like futurama Santa making the decisions. " who's been naughty, and who's been naughty"

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Wow. Things on the screen seem to be even mor crisp and clear!

From the point of getting the popup notification and selecting OK, to the update finishing was about 40 mins for me. After that I got some app update notifications from google play. Funny thing though was that several of them were older april/may update dates.

Other than that it seems like everything is working well.

David

jaybogg

Reaction score

From the point of getting the popup notification and selecting OK, to the update finishing was about 40 mins for me. After that I got some app update notifications from google play. Funny thing though was that several of them were older april/may update dates.

Other than that it seems like everything is working well.

David

Good update on what to expect...thx

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
YellowJacket said:

David

I had a theory about that before. I think ics uses different fonts so it may look better. I'm waiting for my phone to charge up to see for myself.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
rn701 said:
Nothing here in TN.

But that's OK. I don't give out my number and keep my ringer off. The only thing I use the phone for is to check for system updates, so it will be useless once I actually get one.

Love it!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I guess people will ignore my question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't think anyone is ignoring you on purpose. Just this thread is going eleventybillion miles and hour so threads are getting buried pretty quickly.