Ics roms and the rezound???

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alpha release already out. Nothing works (not true, but IMO no data and no phone = nothing working).

Sounds like the primary developer assigned won't have his phone for a week, so in a few weeks we should be in good shape.

Anyone know if CM9 is vanilla Andoid, or does it still have elements of sense? I think it's a sense feature, but the two google accounts irritate me (one for market and Android, apparently, and then you need to create a duplicate gmail to work with the Mail widget/app, apparently).

Some of the VZW bloat irritates me, as well. The back-up settings, among other things. I don't hate Sense like some others, the problem is just that there are features I want and features I don't want, so just kind of "bleh" overall.

Yes, all CM releases are stock Android. The CyanogenMod team always builds from AOSP, so no sense whatsoever. I'm not sure what you mean about having to use multiple Gmail accounts but then again I don't use widgets so I wouldn't.

JTAC

Reaction score
I got a unlocked/rooted Rezound. Dying to test out Scott's ROM. But first I am waiting on an official CWM recovery...seeing as how I don't know all this ADB stuff and the computer I am at now...I cannot install all programs to use ADB.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a unlocked/rooted Rezound. Dying to test out Scott's ROM. But first I am waiting on an official CWM recovery...seeing as how I don't know all this ADB stuff and the computer I am at now...I cannot install all programs to use ADB.

Use my care package(contains fastboot and ADB). AmonRa works just like CWM except that it actually works on the Rezound.

Attachments

• CarePackage.zip
    241.3 KB · Views: 166

JTAC

Reaction score
Use my care package(contains fastboot and ADB). AmonRa works just like CWM except that it actually works on the Rezound.

Do I just download that zip file to my SD card? How do I install it?

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I am running the latest rezrom and it is running butter smooth. Ive only had one issue, and that was htcdm fcing on me constantly. I used tb to freeze it and have had no problems since. Wifi, bluetooth, camera and gallery all are running great. Also, exchange is smooth as silk on this rom. I have it set up with live, exchange, yahoo (x2), and gmail. All sync and recieve like they are suspossed to!

Happy hunting!:icon_ lala:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I just download that zip file to my SD card? How do I install it?

That zip just contains the PC tools necessary to unlock/root/install a custom recovery. You don't need the full Android SDK, just the four files in my zip.

Llantha

Reaction score
SenselessROM 2.1 Beta 1 -=ICS Edition=- Fixes Galore! updated 1.26.12

How about senseless ics?

There are some tiny glitches but it is is usable as is. Bluetooth has some troubles solved by rebooting and leaving it alone after it's connected. Some games have some screen anomalies, but everything involving phone, data, google products interface is working reliably. Can't get to gallery from camera and camera didn't work once. Rebooted. fine since.