Ics roms and the rezound???

jchammer123

Reaction score
I wanted to know what people's opinions are of the ics roms out there and the things you really like, and what issues you've had. Also, which rom you're running. I deeply respect all the devs out there so please don't post and dis their work, but rather known issues with Ics or your phone while on ics.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know what people's opinions are of the ics roms out there and the things you really like, and what issues you've had. Also, which rom you're running. I deeply respect all the devs out there so please don't post and dis their work, but rather known issues with Ics or your phone while on ics.

None of them are what *I* would consider daily drivers. Yet.

Scott does some amazing work, but it takes time to get all the bugs worked out. His ROMs are the ones that I have been playing with. And while they show promise, they are not quite there yet for my needs. For now, I have yet to use anything that works as well as the stock Sense ROM, but rooted and debloated... Fast, stable, and everything works.

I imagine that in a week or two the majority of the bugs that matter will be gone, and that will make the difference, for me at least. However, ICS will be out before long, and then the REAL fun begins. With the phones having a true ICS OTA to build from, I expect some amazing things to start happening. Right now, it isn't a true ICS OS you would be running, but rather a hybrid due to it being leaks and having S-On...

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
None of them are what *I* would consider daily drivers. Yet.

Scott does some amazing work, but it takes time to get all the bugs worked out. His ROMs are the ones that I have been playing with. And while they show promise, they are not quite there yet for my needs. For now, I have yet to use anything that works as well as the stock Sense ROM, but rooted and debloated... Fast, stable, and everything works.

I imagine that in a week or two the majority of the bugs that matter will be gone, and that will make the difference, for me at least. However, ICS will be out before long, and then the REAL fun begins. With the phones having a true ICS OTA to build from, I expect some amazing things to start happening. Right now, it isn't a true ICS OS you would be running, but rather a hybrid due to it being leaks and having S-On...

Good post!

I've been really hesitant to install the ics roms because of some of the issues but didn't really know how widespread they were. I've been running a gb rom that is basically stock with some tweaks and debloated and it's been great.

Also, from the pics I've seen of sense 3.6, that I've seen on the ics roms, I'm not a big fan of it. I don't like the way it went to the standard dock bar at the bottom.

chevihemi

Reaction score
I have been running scott's rom since it was first posted stable and am loving it! No major bugs and couldn't imagine having to go back to ginger bread. I have seen a couple very minor bugs on it but is super stable with no reboots.

Rooted, ROM'd, and Rezounded

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Scotts rom was one of the ones I was considering.

chevihemi

Reaction score
Yeah i have no regrets going with ScottsRom as it has been 100% stable and everything works great for me. The only minor bugs that I have noticed are things like percent being calculated wrong in the power menu (screen always shows 100% usage but when you click on that to see screen time on it shows the right percentage in the next screen). Also the blue flicker is fixed by changing the developer options to 1.5 as he posts in his threads as well. The whole OS just runs crazy smooth and fast with my An Tu Tu bench mark almost 800 better than running ginger bread with OC'd kernal. I get about 6500 +/- with ICS and stock speeds!

Insidious

Reaction score
How about senseless ics?

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

chevihemi

Reaction score
I have not tired any of the senseless roms as there are quite a few issues with them from what I have read.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
They dont force you to use those stupid software NAV buttons like on the Galaxy Nexus do they?

Please tell me that ICS allows you to turn thosr off.

chevihemi

Reaction score
No software buttons. Use the original buttons built into the phone

Rooted, ROM'd, and Rezounded

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I was wondering about the software buttons as well. I'm glad they're not there.

From the warnings in the op threads it seems like there are a lot of issues, but do you guys think it runs nicer then gb?

Also, I know it says not to restore any apps data which I'm fine with, but what about text messages? I use an app that restores SMS, would that cause problems?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the software buttons as well. I'm glad they're not there.

From the warnings in the op threads it seems like there are a lot of issues, but do you guys think it runs nicer then gb?

Also, I know it says not to restore any apps data which I'm fine with, but what about text messages? I use an app that restores SMS, would that cause problems?

I've been running the Senseless ROM for a while now and other than the issues listed by SquireSCA there's nothing major. So basically if you don't use exchange there's no big issue. Some apps won't show up in the market because there is no official ICS Rezound yet.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately exchange is one of the main reasons I have a smartphone! If not for that, Scott's ICS rom looks pretty solid.

I may be mistaken, but I think a big part of the problem is they don't have a true HTC Rezound ICS RUU to start with as a foundation.

As others have mentioned, stock GB runs pretty darn good. I'm going to flash Scott's updated RUU and debloated. To me that's the best combo out there right now. There are a few features I miss from ICS, but nothing major. This phone runs great on GB, surprisingly enough.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw on RootzWiki that CM9 will be coming to the Rezound!!! :icon_ banana:

Alpha release already out. Nothing works (not true, but IMO no data and no phone = nothing working).

Sounds like the primary developer assigned won't have his phone for a week, so in a few weeks we should be in good shape.

Anyone know if CM9 is vanilla Andoid, or does it still have elements of sense? I think it's a sense feature, but the two google accounts irritate me (one for market and Android, apparently, and then you need to create a duplicate gmail to work with the Mail widget/app, apparently).

Some of the VZW bloat irritates me, as well. The back-up settings, among other things. I don't hate Sense like some others, the problem is just that there are features I want and features I don't want, so just kind of "bleh" overall.