ICS OTA battery life

Escobar

Reaction score
My battery life has gotten worse. The battery for this phone is terrible.

rjr1049

Reaction score
A factory reset was the key for me. I did the OTS ICS update on a non-rooted stock GB on my Rezound and battery life was no different than it had been. Doing a factory reset has enormously improved battery life. It is a bit of a pain to do the reset but what a difference!

davidm2

Reaction score
stemo said:
Since I downloaded the ota my battery life has gotten a little worse. Like as I type my battery has been off charge for 20 minutes and I've already dropped 8%.

I have the ext battery but it looks the screen is draining my battery.

The screen usage is a 98% it is set on 25% brightness. What can solve this drainage?

That is almost consistent with what I get -- basically half what I was able to get from GB.

davidm2

Reaction score
rjr1049 said:
A factory reset was the key for me. I did the OTS ICS update on a non-rooted stock GB on my Rezound and battery life was no different than it had been. Doing a factory reset has enormously improved battery life. It is a bit of a pain to do the reset but what a difference!

Did a factory reset with no impact on battery life.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding it takes a lot longer to charge too, or is that just me? Last night it took over 4 hours. Tonight it's been 2 so far, but I'm not sure I can stay awake long enough to see when it finally goes green.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding it takes a lot longer to charge too, or is that just me? Last night it took over 4 hours. Tonight it's been 2 so far, but I'm not sure I can stay awake long enough to see when it finally goes green.
Yeah, I noticed that too... it seems to get stuck at 99% for a long time. I plugged it in with over 90% on battery the other night, usually it would go green in less than 1/2 hour, after two hours of driving it was still stuck at 99%, does the same thing with two home chargers. Although it doesn't seem to be an issue where it is overcharging, there is no heat buildup or anything unusual there.

And speaking about weird issues since the ICS update, only one of my Rezounds has them... the other one does not. Which leads me to believe that a factory reset might be in order... the one that has no issues at all, is my work one and I had less than 15 apps installed when it was updated, the one that has "quirks" is my personal one with close to 100 apps installed.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too... it seems to get stuck at 99% for a long time. I plugged it in with over 90% on battery the other night, usually it would go green in less than 1/2 hour, after two hours of driving it was still stuck at 99%, does the same thing with two home chargers. Although it doesn't seem to be an issue where it is overcharging, there is no heat buildup or anything unusual there.

And speaking about weird issues since the ICS update, only one of my Rezounds has them... the other one does not. Which leads me to believe that a factory reset might be in order... the one that has no issues at all, is my work one and I had less than 15 apps installed when it was updated, the one that has "quirks" is my personal one with close to 100 apps installed.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

svdroiddude

Reaction score
So far I have found battery life when idle is a bit better than GB. When I turn the screen on though it is a bit worse...so all in all about the same, give or take an hour.