ICS Hates Facebook?

ryno2d

Reaction score
So I'm not sure what the deal is - but I've been having issues with the Facebook android app. Freezes my phone to no end and it's gotta be an ICS issue because my wife isn't having any issues on her Thunderbolt...at least with Facebook anyway. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app which helps for a few days then I get the same freezing issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook is pretty slow to get out updates for new OS versions. Try going to settings/apps/Facebook and wipe data. Then open the app, log back in and see if it works better.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Some users have experienced problems, I haven't. The worst I got was lack of notification.

audthomp

Reaction score
FB Update doesn't like Android

This most recent FB update has generated the following problems on my Android:

Photos won't load unless you open up the gallery, wait to see that there are no photos in the gallery, close the gallery, and then reopen only to find they are right there where you left them.

Updates come through and take you to an unrelated photo, but not to the comment directly.

Updates have a void link, you click it, but it goes to a black screen.

Instant spell check freezes ap and then locks up phone completely.

FB Ap locks up at the end of a sentence when I try to key punctuation. The error messages suggests I report but does not provide a force quit option and I am required then to perform a hard-reboot (ie: remove the battery)

The instant fill spell check bug seems to have made it's way into my text messaging ap. I slide open to use my manual keyboard and as soon as the spell checker comes up with a possible word to key, the entire text messaging freezes up. Also resolved with a hard reboot.

This will be the last time a Mac-user gives a Windows-based OS a chance. I won't re-buy the Android. :eek:(

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Same problems on my X2...I think it's just the app...needs more updating.

Sent from my DROID X2