ICS and videos?

duncan0553

Reaction score
Well I finally got updated to ICS. I thought it was great until I started to watch a video that I made a few days back and it was very slow.. The sound worked but the video itself was WAY behind the sound. The video is olny about 20 seconds long but the sound was at teh end when the picture was just getting started. Anyone else have this kind of issue?

Also, on one of the other threads about battery life , people were talking about doing a RJK, JKR, or something like that. It sounded like some kind of reset due to having to replace all apps. What does that stand for and how do you do it?

OP
duncan0553

duncan0553

Reaction score
After I posted this I started playing around with it some more and found that it only did it when I choose to watch the video clip with VPlayer. If I used the regular video player it worked fine.

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
An FDR -(Factory data reset) for the phone. That is an option to reset the phone back to its factory setting like your phone was when you bought it fresh out of the box. My video was choppy after the update also. Netflix etc. I greatly improved after I did a factory reset of the phone.

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
You can do this from the settings menu then scroll down to privacy. It can be done from there. There's plenty of literature on here and Motorola's site for steps on doing this.

OP
duncan0553

duncan0553

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I know it was something to do with a ex president. I just got my Maxx a couple of weeks and changed everything from my old X. How hard and long of a project is it to do the FDR? Would I have to go back into the play store (the area where it lists all of the apps I every downloaded) and re-install all my apps or have to go out and find all of them again by doing a search in playstore?