Ice Cream Sandwhich

HTCuser

Reaction score
I have a question i just got a dinc2 and I really wanted to know will HTC update it to Ice Cream Sandwhich? All answers will help!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To be honest there's no way to know at the momment. They should, but that doesn't mean they will.

end of line...

Reaction score
It will probably be a while, if ever. They just updated it to gingerbread about a month ago. So i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
It will probably be a while, if ever. They just updated it to gingerbread about a month ago. So i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Yes, but we got gingerbread fairly quickly. Other phones that have been out longer and as a flagship phone haven't.

I'd expect we will probably within two months of release

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC was talking about releasing a newer verision of Sense in the future that will be compatible within their single core phones. Hopefully they will bundle ICS with this. But yes Gingerbread was released by Google back in Jan and look how long it is taking phones to get it. People with rooted phones will prolly see a ICS Rom before it is seen officially on stock inc2s

Sent from my Incredible 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Samiam564

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be ROMs based on ICS long before HTC decides (if ever) to push it to phones. Root and you will have it long before anyone else who is stock.

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
Didn't HTC say that it will only come to dual core phones

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the word on the street is that ICS will only come to dual core phones. But who knows, GB was dependant on how much RAM the phone had. Also I am sure a developer will port over ICS via a rom once source code is released.

Sent from my Incredible Sensation using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I have a question i just got a dinc2 and I really wanted to know will HTC update it to Ice Cream Sandwhich? All answers will help!

Who knows, Ice cream hasn't even been officially announced yet. Root and you will get the next OS one way or another.

Sent from my Incredible 2

jersquare

Reaction score
Dinc2 ics

The first inc got updated to 2.2 and then 2.3, so as long as we are compatible with ics, i think they will update us less than 6 months after release...