I would like to extend a farewell to y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I used to make iphone themes and icons based on the abeo theme its really great but I can't dream of going back to a iphone.

Anathema

Reaction score
Enjoy it. But I predict you will be back...In a "Flash." My prediction is that you will be quickly reminded of what the iPhone does NOT do and what Android does that you will come back home. We will be waiting for you. :icon_eek:

Maybe he doesn't use a lot of the things you CAN do on a droid. You CAN do a lot more on a droid than an iphone but how many of us actually do. Not many, most just say that we CAN and puff out our chests.

You won't be dissapointed in the Iphone man, it's a good device and a lot more user friendly, if that's something you're worried about. Jailbreak it and experience it.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Why would you even do it to your self?
You should wait for the LTE Iphone. Those getting it now will lack the ability to be on data and phone at the same time. Verizon is putting it out for one reason and thats to get your $$ and lock you into a contract. If you were to wait for your contract to expire ( assuming your in one now) Their will be 4G phones (Android preferred) falling out of the sky! I think by mid-year, maybe towards the Christmas season.

As on right now, they are praying on dump tax return $ in their registers.

But good luck with that. It's all about personal preference.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Enjoy your device... no sarcasm, it's your phone you should have what YOU want.

... but I would've held off on this iteration of the iPhone... being that I can't see VZW sitting on the iPhone 5 when it's released (I don't see it coming out Q4, I see it in July right along side AT&T, but that's a guess)

kelemvor

Reaction score
Night and day difference. Stock iphones go several days on a charge easy. It's the only interesting "feature" of iphone for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

MJ5150

Reaction score
... but I would've held off on this iteration of the iPhone... being that I can't see VZW sitting on the iPhone 5 when it's released (I don't see it coming out Q4, I see it in July right along side AT&T, but that's a guess)

Yep. VZW people waited all these years, what's another five months for the new and better iPhone 5?

-Mike

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Enjoy your iPhone. I would never own an iPhone simply because I do not like Apple products. I don't know why, I just never have. (Same reason I won't buy computers with Intel processors, my last Intel based computer was a 486DX-33 in 1993. I have been AMD since 1996 or so)

I do like Android, but I will tell you what, I could list some shortcomings of Android, several of them that really get on my nerves. Android isn't perfect, and neither is iPhone, but it is all a matter of personal preference and what works for a particular person.

I like Droid phones because they work, and they are fairly easy to use. There are some things, however, that I would love to see changed. Especially in the App Market, but that's another thread for another time.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Night and day difference. Stock iphones go several days on a charge easy. It's the only interesting "feature" of iphone for me.

+1

I had an iPhone 3G and It would always last over 24 hours, I've even had it last 2 full days before. This was also in a low coverage area, if I had Verizon with their awesome service I bet it would have lasted even longer.

Battery life is what I hate most about my Droid, I'm lucky if I get 8 hours out of it. I charged my phone over night, unplugged it around 7:30 this morning, and as of now at 12:30 it's at 40% with only two phone calls made.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
No ill will towards you other than I might have waited for an LTE version. That's all. Other than that, best of luck to you.

OP
PickYourKing

PickYourKing

Reaction score
Right now the Droid is being super sluggish, the battery is terrible, and I've been getting so many random reboots that I want to smash it on the floor.

Deep down I have a feeling I'd be way more into some HTC phones. I just love the cleanliness of the iPhone, battery life, the feel, the organization (symmetrical icons etc). I understand I'll probably want to come back, but there's no sense in not trying something I've wanted to try for years.

We'll see what happens, you guys all rule though and have been great to talk about our Droids with. I'll still check in obviously because i'm sure MIUI is going to go leaps and bounds ahead of what it is now and i'd like to see that.

HayWire

Reaction score
Night and day difference. Stock! iphones go several days on a charge easy. It's the only interesting "feature" of iphone for me.

My 3g never lasted more then a day.my rooted x with my setup lasted me from 415am till nearly 945 pm.doing another battery test today.. I nearly held outh for the iphone but soglad I went with the x. Enjoy your iphone though!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess we will see you in a few months....when you tire of the idon't and what to get the "does" back ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.