I really messed Up bad!! Deleted wrong folder -- halp!!

ksaul

Reaction score
I had my phone connected via USB and I accidentally deleted a folder I did not mean to... the folder was:
Code:
Computer\Galaxy Nexus\Internal Storage\sdcard\

and now all my shiznit is goofy on my phone. I havent disconnected the device from my computer yet, so my computers is still showing all the files on the card still, but when I try to transfer them over to my PC, it doesnt know what to do because the files are missing... How can i restore this folder?? I tried "restore all items" in the Recycle bin (on my desktop) but it didnt do anything, the \sdcard\ folder wasnt even in there..

someone help please! there has got to be a way!
my phone is rooted if it makes any difference

(i am on windows 7 ultimate 64bit)

MechaPumpkin

Reaction score
You can always try scanning your phones memory from within Windows using a data recovery program and restore the deleted folder when it finds it. That is something I've done for people numerous times when they delete things inadvertently from cameras etc.

Undeleting data that hasn't really been over-written yet is pretty common, so any of the major data recovery programs should work.

I hope that helps!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had my phone connected via USB and I accidentally deleted a folder I did not mean to... the folder was:
Code:
Computer\Galaxy Nexus\Internal Storage\sdcard\

and now all my shiznit is goofy on my phone. I havent disconnected the device from my computer yet, so my computers is still showing all the files on the card still, but when I try to transfer them over to my PC, it doesnt know what to do because the files are missing... How can i restore this folder?? I tried "restore all items" in the Recycle bin (on my desktop) but it didnt do anything, the \sdcard\ folder wasnt even in there..

someone help please! there has got to be a way!
my phone is rooted if it makes any difference

(i am on windows 7 ultimate 64bit)

Have you had any luck with this?

I think you are going to have to do something like this: [ODIN][ROM][ICL53F][FACTORY] Full Factory ODIN restore 4.0.2 with radios - unrooted - xda-developers

That's a thread about the full recovery of the OS for a CDMA phone. If yours is a GSM phone there is a thread for it too I'm sure.

Good luck.

JohnPedrick

Reaction score
Use Kernel for Windows Data Recovery software and recover deleted or lost files, folders from Windows partitions (FAT & NTFS). It doesn’t matter whether you have deleted the required data from Recycle Bin by using Shift+Delete keys, with this software it is easily possible to recover the data in all situation. The best aspect about this tool is it allows you to recover data also from deleted or corrupt partitions of Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, XP, 2000, 2003, Windows Vista.

willnatalie

Reaction score
Last edited: