I need GPS software that can do something as simple as repeating a voice command !

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I know Google Maps can't.

I need that option when riding my motorcycle, often it's difficult to see the screen properly on my Nexus due to the sun, glare etc. so if I miss a voice command for a turn for example often looking at the screen doesn't work. I would love to be able to tap the screen and have the voice command repeat.

So far Google Maps can't....:angry:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use Sygic (Play store) on my Acer tab. It is a great GPS program. It will repeat directions.

There is an info bar at the bottom of the screen with distance and time info etc. Road sign type arrows for turns, exits etc pop up on the bar pointing turn right or left. If you press the arrow the directions repeat as many times as you press the arrow. When you are on the same road for a period of time there is an arrow pointing up. If you press it, it will even give you distance to the next turn as many times as you press it.

It works with out data. You download the maps you need state by state. After you DL the app and at least one map, go to the link below for directions to move everything to the external SD. Maps can eat up your internal space pretty quickly

Android

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Now this is NICE. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't get service and so couldn't use Google Maps. I am presently downloading and installing the maps, and have already installed the app.

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Edit: It's a 7 day trial...:frown:

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Now this is NICE. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't get service and so couldn't use Google Maps. I am presently downloading and installing the maps, and have already installed the app.

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Edit: It's a 7 day trial...:frown:

It's only $20 for all 50 states and life time updates. Not much beats Google Maps. This comes close. If you have a wifi only device, dont have data in the middle of nowhere, or just dont want to burn up your small data plan, Sygic is the bomb

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Please don't get me wrong...the price is reasonable, but 7 days isn't really enough for me to get comfortable with it and experience it to be sure it meets my needs. 30 days would be nice. Over the course of 7 days, I might only drive to and from work each of the 5 business days and may not even go anywhere on the weekend, so I get to see how it performs on ONE navigation path in that time. If I had it over a 30 day period, it's far more likely that I will have a chance to experience it in different settings, different routes, and even in different states (I am very close to the intersection of 3 states, PA, NJ, DE).

I was hoping for a Garmin version of this, but nothing yet.

Last edited:
OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I use Sygic (Play store) on my Acer tab. It is a great GPS program. It will repeat directions.

There is an info bar at the bottom of the screen with distance and time info etc. Road sign type arrows for turns, exits etc pop up on the bar pointing turn right or left. If you press the arrow the directions repeat as many times as you press the arrow. When you are on the same road for a period of time there is an arrow pointing up. If you press it, it will even give you distance to the next turn as many times as you press it.

It works with out data. You download the maps you need state by state. After you DL the app and at least one map, go to the link below for directions to move everything to the external SD. Maps can eat up your internal space pretty quickly

Android

Thank you

Ron W