I must be outa my mind.....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one's forcing anything.

I suggested you try both devices out exactly as they are out of the box, both have their own UI elements so the experience is slightly different.

The Fascinate has the more poweful GPU. Samsung Galaxy S GPU shows off gaming prowess on video

The DX has 512mb RAM / 512mb ROM (with 6656 MB built in) while the Fascinate has 384MB RAM / 512 ROM (with 2048 MB built in). Both can handle 32gb SD cards.

both have 1ghz processors (DX - TI 3630 OMAP / Fascinate - Cortex A8 Hummingbird)

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
Yeah, Costco didn't have working model of fascinate anymore so im gonna see if Verizon store has it and try to decide from there. Dont care about gaming performance, I have a gaming PC and 360 for that.

droidman101

Reaction score
i suggest getting a fascinate. why?
1. if you ever want to remove the bing crap on it and/or other bloatware, theres rooting as an option(samsung doesnt seem to care a lot) as opposed to moto who makes a big deal out of it and make it so hard on the devs to hack phones
2. samsung will update their phones to 2.2 and will fix the issues(they usually do)
3. dx has large screen. samsung has medium screen. samsung has much higher screen resolution than the dx(which has the same resolution for its 4.3-inch screen as my 3.7-inch droid)
4. samsung SAMOLED screen>*(all) screens
5. all the dx really has over samsung is the 8 mp camera, which you mentioned you didnt need

oh and good decision with the costco thing, the salespeople are much less douchey than vzw reps and when you go there you can buy the phone then shop as they set it up and all(takes like 30 mins/max) and then theyll give it to you :).(costco is where i bought my droid, and ill never buy from any other one, unless costco doesnt have the phone)

just FYI its a real process to transfer contacts over(although it doesnt take long once you get the feel of the keyboards)

Last edited:
OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
I'd rather get the DX for size and use vs resolution. And if I can't easily remove Bing without having to learn all the necassary root crap, i'll pass on the fascinate completely.

Hell, I guess that means I just made up my mind. Now I just gotta wait till the 17th. I'll keep busy refurnishing the apartment after my GF of 5 years left me yesterday I guess...

droidman101

Reaction score
yah, rooting can be hard for some but it doesnt require programming skills(just a sh**-ton of reading) and the fascinate will probly get an update that will remove bing(probably, but might not)

all in all its your decision(although with your comments id suggest you getting a dx because of the costco bthing and not caring about resolution)

UNC

Reaction score
I'd rather get the DX for size and use vs resolution. And if I can't easily remove Bing without having to learn all the necassary root crap, i'll pass on the fascinate completely.

Hell, I guess that means I just made up my mind. Now I just gotta wait till the 17th. I'll keep busy refurnishing the apartment after my GF of 5 years left me yesterday I guess...

Well the DroidX actually has a higher resolution. The Fascinate has SuperAMOLED so it has a better contrast and maybe a faster refresh rate.

I would go DroidX all day. I've had a Samsung "semi-smartie" before (Instinct) and that thing SUCKED, not only did it SUCK, it had NO support and the GPS broke after one drop. My original droid however has received pretty good support from Moto.

As long as you have one of their top devices Moto will keep the updates coming, and the build quality of the Moto is just better.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed! All comes down to personal preference though..

Well the DroidX actually has a higher resolution. The Fascinate has SuperAMOLED so it has a better contrast and maybe a faster refresh rate.

I would go DroidX all day. I've had a Samsung "semi-smartie" before (Instinct) and that thing SUCKED, not only did it SUCK, it had NO support and the GPS broke after one drop. My original droid however has received pretty good support from Moto.

As long as you have one of their top devices Moto will keep the updates coming, and the build quality of the Moto is just better.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)