I love the bionics screen off transition

welsalex

Reaction score
Is it just me or isn't it awesome how when you hit the lock button to turn off the screen it fades out like an old tv? You know what im talking about!!

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

idk5

Reaction score
I think it is awesome
On my og droid i had do that when turning it on too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its the animation added in gingerbread. Its still in ICS and I actually have grown to dislike it so I disabled it. Lol

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

portermac

Reaction score
If you disable the animation your phone will run faster and save battery. Turn it off and see what I mean. The transition between pages and screens will be much smoother and faster. I turned mine off day one after finding it out. Not worth it for me having animations.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
If you disable the animation your phone will run faster and save battery. Turn it off and see what I mean. The transition between pages and screens will be much smoother and faster. I turned mine off day one after finding it out. Not worth it for me having animations.

I just turned off animations and the difference is immediate and significant. While I like the animations I like the speeds more, thanks for the tip!

portermac

Reaction score
No problem. Makes it like a new faster phone. I don't think anyone would keep animations on once they saw the difference.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I do love it, and thankfully I don't have ANY speed issues whatsoever, and with my extended battery/charged stock battery, I hardly ever worry about power. Good to know though.

I do have my screen transition animations turned off. No animations with 100% screen transition speed with no bounce back. Love it, amazes people when they see how smooth it is.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I do love it, and thankfully I don't have ANY speed issues whatsoever, and with my extended battery/charged stock battery, I hardly ever worry about power. Good to know though.

I do have my screen transition animations turned off. No animations with 100% screen transition speed with no bounce back. Love it, amazes people when they see how smooth it is.

How do you change the transition speed and such? I already have animations off

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
How do you change the transition speed and such? I already have animations off

It's through Go Launcher Ex. Hit the Menu button -- Preferences -- Screen Settings -- Screen Transition Speed -- Custom. Going to custom will give you the option for transition speed and elasticity (bounce back effect).

droidxd00d

Reaction score
It's through Go Launcher Ex. Hit the Menu button -- Preferences -- Screen Settings -- Screen Transition Speed -- Custom. Going to custom will give you the option for transition speed and elasticity (bounce back effect).

Ahhh thanks a bunch i hate the bounce back :) it runs much smoother now