I just uninstalled Photo Safe...where are my hidden photos???

I H8 5_0 Stangs

Reaction score
I forgot my password for photo safe so I figured if I just uninstalled the app, the pictures would show up again in the regular gallery, but they aren't there. I would assume these hidden photos are still on my memory card somewhere, but how can I access them?

if they are in fact erased then photo safe sucks because there is no option to recover your password either

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just get a file manager from the Market.....

Preferably Astro, it works good, but there are some others too......then you can look at all the files on the sdcard...

LostsouL

Reaction score
The above post would not fix your problem. Let me explain how PhotoSafe works.

PhotoSafe is a program that is based on changing the file extension type, and moving your file, then protecting that extension by a password.

The program is indeed unstable and will prompt for a password, even if you enter your right password. As many other members and other people have claimed.

If you uninstall the program, your files will not be erased, however they will be hidden. Astro will see the files, although it would not be able to read, open or modify the files since Astro simply cannot do that.

Here is the good news though.

Here is how to get your photos back!

1. Make sure your Mem Stick is in the phone.
  2. Plug your phone into a USB port.
  3. Choose Open / View files.
  4. Find a folder that's called something like camfiler.photosafe or close to it and open it.
  5. Open the folder that is called .hide
  6. In that folder you will see a bunch of files
  7. Delete all of the _met files, as they will only confuse you.
  8. After that, you will have blank (no extension) files, those are your pictures.
  9. Right click on the desired file wanting to be viewed, and rename the file to anything you want, but add .jpg or .jpeg at the end
  10. Then, cut and paste all of your files to your desired public folder on your Mem Card.
  11. Voila, your pictures are back :) :icon_ banana:dancedroid
I hope I helped you.

Last edited: