I Just Put Chrome2Phone On My Droid!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey this is the coolest thing. Seems I can use my chrome web browser and push the little icon in the corner and bam, just like that the web page pops up on my browser!

Now, all I got to do is think of an occasion of why I would actually need it.

I'm sure you guys have some great answers. Go for it.

anuraj1

Reaction score
haha Hook, why do you always wait so long to put new stuff on your phone? One of the best parts of owning a Droid is putting all the cutting edge stuff on our devices!

Anyway, I use Chrome2Phone for google maps all the time when I don't want to save custom Maps and access them. I am new to Arizona and have to use Navigation on my phone to get anywhere I want to go.

It's also cool if I am reading the news on my phone and have to get up to leave somewhere and want to finish an article. Just zip it over to my phone.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Welcome to 2010! I use it to browse to the latest rom download page then send it to the phone. Also sending imags to phone to download for launcherpro customization.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha Hook, why do you always wait so long to put new stuff on your phone? One of the best parts of owning a Droid is putting all the cutting edge stuff on our devices!

Anyway, I use Chrome2Phone for google maps all the time when I don't want to save custom Maps and access them. I am new to Arizona and have to use Navigation on my phone to get anywhere I want to go.

It's also cool if I am reading the news on my phone and have to get up to leave somewhere and want to finish an article. Just zip it over to my phone.

I saw a video of somebody doing that with the maps but I thought you could just save your maps on your computer and they went over to your Droid. At least that's what my wife told me when I told her to check it out.

I don't know why it takes me so long. I mean I don't think I heard about this until a couple of weeks ago and I put it on because somebody else was having an issue loading it. I wanted to see what the issue was.

Took me forever to find that darn Google Chrome add on for the browser. Like Google was hiding it.

Bathroom is a good reason. You're on the web and you need to excuse yourself….pressto…you can just keep on the page.

triplecrown

Reaction score
Yea I use it mainly when browsing for MM themes, roms, addons, ets... and don't feel like hookin it up via usb to drag and drop. Use to be a pain in the arss to navigate to to those pages on the droid but now presto.....Chrome to Phone!!!!

lsdozer

Reaction score
Yea I use it mainly when browsing for MM themes, roms, addons, ets... and don't feel like hookin it up via usb to drag and drop. Use to be a pain in the arss to navigate to to those pages on the droid but now presto.....Chrome to Phone!!!!

Ditto. Problem is, I just installed cm6RC2 and of course it isnt installed, so i Have to hook it back up.

Lewis

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Ask this to all the X users that have a bricked device right now.....

Relex

Reaction score
I use it all the time especially when I'm find something on youtube I want to share with my friends who have smart phones.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the C2P on my Droid but have yet to make the jump to Google Chrome so as of now it is useless.

all the X users that have a bricked device
Is there a lot of these reported on the DXForums? There is probably a no return policy on a bricked DX and that would be horrible

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I have the add-on for FireFox (I don't care for Chrome) which puts the little Droid icon right beside the address bar.

I've used it a few times. Sometimes I'll be reading something long on the laptop and I want to move to the couch or the bed while still reading the same article and I just click on the little Droid and, poof, it's on the phone for continued reading.

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I just installed the Send-to-Phone add on (Firefox). Does your Droid have to be 2.2 for this to work? I have a Dinc running 2.1. It is not rooted.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Send-to-Phone add on (Firefox). Does your Droid have to be 2.2 for this to work? I have a Dinc running 2.1. It is not rooted.

Chrome2phone needs 2.2. Thanks for the responses guys.

chrisneel

Reaction score
I dont know if you can do this with Chrome, since I use the Firefox extension. But if you highlight text on your computer and hit the chrome2phone button it will send the text to your phone and you can long press in an input box and paste the text.. I learn new things about this phone every single day!