I have two 'android.process.acore' processes running using 100% CPU?

Mr X

Reaction score
When I open up 'Android System Info' and sort by CPU usage, there are two processes at the two using identical amounts of memory and both using 100% CPU. Any idea what this is? Also, when I go into my 'Battery History', it shows "Running (100%)" and "Screen on (100%)". Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried the charge, reboot, GPS on/off fix but it doesn't seem to affect these numbers.

Any help would much appreciated. Thank you.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
By system info you mean the 4636 code from dial pad? I am just trying to follow your steps here. And then you go under battery history and sort by CPU and you have two things that are 100 %? And then your screen and running say 100 %, but is your screen turning off?

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
By system info you mean the 4636 code from dial pad? I am just trying to follow your steps here. And then you go under battery history and sort by CPU and you have two things that are 100 %? And then your screen and running say 100 %, but is your screen turning off?
I've got it off now and I'm gonna give it a half hour.. see if that does anything. But to answer your other question - I'm using an app called Android System Info to check my CPU% usage. I also do the *#*#4636#*#* code to check my battery history and yep, it shows "Running (100%)" and "Screen on (100%)". Like I said though, I've turned my screen off for now and will give it a bit to see if that "Screen on" value drops at all. I'm hoping my phone knows how and when to sleep. The only thing I could think of that might be running in the background is my Touiteur widget. I'd read Slacker has a problem just popping up and running in the background, so I just ten minutes ago uninstalled that.

Still though.. I don't think my "Running" value should be 100%, do you?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No it shouldn't, there were a couple of us with the 2.2 build having problems with phone not turning off when wifi is on. Yet somehow that corrected itself, not sure if it was a problem with trying to find a wifi signal or what.

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
No it shouldn't, there were a couple of us with the 2.2 build having problems with phone not turning off when wifi is on. Yet somehow that corrected itself, not sure if it was a problem with trying to find a wifi signal or what.
Hmm... well I do leave my WIFI on even when I turn my phone off. I also leave the battery profile set at 'Performance'. I know this probably isn't necessarily helping the battery, but it can't be murdering it, can it? And regardless, the "Running (100%)" can't be attributed to WIFI, can it? Even when the display is turned off? Or is that what you were saying? That it's actively searching for, and trying to maintain, a WIFI signal even when you hit the power button?

Other than that - is it normal to have TWO 'android.process.acore' processes running at the same time, both supposedly using 100% of the CPU? The memory is the exact same on both when it goes up or down some I'm wondering if one's somehow just a mirror of the other? I also use ATK and Autokiller (the latter is NOT a task killer, ATK is though..) because I'm a little (read: extremely) OCD about keeping my RAM number as high as possible. So I have ATK set to 'Crazy' and its 'Auto-kill' function set to run every 15 minutes. Call me wrong and stupid for using it (and I'll probably get a few posts doing just that, not helping in any way) but I love to see the little "X apps killed" pop up every 15 minutes..

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
UPDATE

Well this is interesting... a half hour plugged into the charger, with both WIFI and Bluetooth turned off, as well as the screen, and when I *#*#4636#*#* into my battery history I see:

Running (100%)
Screen on (100%)
Bluetooth on (100%)

.....WHAT?!?

EDIT

I'm gonna unplug it, reboot and leave it unplugged for another half hour then report back... ALL THIS TIME AWAY FROM MY X SUCKS!!!!! dancedroid

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use performance mode as well and it does not seem to affect the battery at all. And yes on the wifi still searching for stuff with screen turned off, if it loses signal it will keep searching to get it back. So say there was a problem with your network it would be searching 100% all the time. I think that is what happened to me the other night. Cause now it is down in the 14% range. I use ATK as well but not set on auto kill, just to kill things like games I just played or the browser. Let me know after you let it sit what it does.

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple posts but I'm hoping this helps someone down the line. Here's the final report:

If you read from the top to this thread, you'll see that I had it plugged in but also had the screen off for a half hour. My WIFI was off, my Bluetooth was off and my phone screen was off (pushed the power button at the top). After a half an hour of letting it sit with the screen "off", I woke it up and dialed into the 4636 to see how things were looking. At that point, it still showed "Running (100%)", "Screen on (100%)" and (out of nowhere) "Bluetooth on (100%)". I had no clue what was going on so I unplugged it, powered it completely down, waited roughly two minutes then powered it back up. I let it boot up to the unlock screen, unlocked it, let Launcher Pro Plus start up and after about 60 seconds of sitting idle, I pushed the power button to sleep it. Didn't turn WIFI on, didn't turn Bluetooth on, just slept it. 30 minutes later - SUCCESS!! The "Running" value had dropped to 18.5% and the "Screen on" to 13.5%. The battery icon itself was still full and at this point I'm leaving it off the charger for as long as I can resist picking it back up. Seeing as I'm checking up on all the X-related 2.2 madness, this will probably last another 30-60 minutes, so I'll make one last post then and leave you all alone for the night.

Thanks for your help, Sydman.

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
I use performance mode as well and it does not seem to affect the battery at all. And yes on the wifi still searching for stuff with screen turned off, if it loses signal it will keep searching to get it back. So say there was a problem with your network it would be searching 100% all the time. I think that is what happened to me the other night. Cause now it is down in the 14% range. I use ATK as well but not set on auto kill, just to kill things like games I just played or the browser. Let me know after you let it sit what it does.
You know what...? That could VERY WELL be the problem. We're having some serious WIFI issues here at the house. Well, more like router issues, that cause my phone to register between 1-2 bars AT BEST. Then, probably once every 10-15 minutes, the connection will drop and sometimes not pick back up for another 10-15 minutes. You think that might be it? From now on I'll leave WIFI off unless I get a solid 3+ stable bar reading and see how that goes. Could that have possibly been the problem? Like I said, when I rebooted and left both BT and WIFI off, both the "Running" and "Screen on" values were below 20%. As for the other battery consumption culprit, the GPS, I have all three location based settings turned off in "Location and Security", as well as "Use my location" under the Privacy setting, which I understand can really hammer your battery.

Anyway, as mentioned, I'm still unplugged and I'll let you guys (those who are reading/care) know how everything goes right before I plug it back in, which should be in another 30-45 minutes. By the way it's nice to see you have good battery life using a task killer. A LOT of people will get a few words short of verbally assaulting you for using one. I use three - Advanced Task Killer, AutoKiller and Automatic Task Killer. The first routinely kills tasks that I have set it to, the second only tunes the native RAM/memory manager to your specifications (not *actually* a true task killer) and the third automatically kills the tasks I've assigned it to whenever I turn the phone on. All three have their uses and in my honest opinion, based on two weeks of not using them and then two weeks of using them, extend the battery life by AT LEAST two hours. As always, your mileage may vary.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well good glad you got your numbers down, and yeah I bet it was that wifi that was doing it. And it's no trouble at all, always good to help each other figure these things out.