I HATE Motocast and ICS

FoFa

Reaction score
Have reinstalled everything, nothing works.All I want to do is copy a few files to and from my phone.Really?How can something so simple become so complicated?It used to work, plug it in, bam, there is a storage device.Now all I see is a motocast folder with autorun and install files.I hate these "better" ideas.Read the FAQ, searched the forums, I'm almost ready to root this stupid thing.Can you root a razr maxx?No, what is suggested to fix this stupid thing?

omar908

Reaction score
FoFa said:
Have reinstalled everything, nothing works.All I want to do is copy a few files to and from my phone.Really?How can something so simple become so complicated?It used to work, plug it in, bam, there is a storage device.Now all I see is a motocast folder with autorun and install files.I hate these "better" ideas.Read the FAQ, searched the forums, I'm almost ready to root this stupid thing.Can you root a razr maxx?No, what is suggested to fix this stupid thing?

If their not big files you can always make an account and download drop box and upload them their and re-download them from your pc (just an alternative for now) or you can try awesome drop app which is old and buggy but still works (at times)

OP
FoFa

FoFa

Reaction score
Well I used to use wifi file transfer, but when I got my Razr, that quit working, and mucked with it more today, still doesn't work.
Tried AirDroid, and could not get it to work using wifi, but did get it to work using USB tether.
It just pisses me off that something so simple before, has become so complicated.

marmarinou

Reaction score
Which USB mode are you in? Have you tried Media Device (MTP) mode instead of Mass Storage mode?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoFa, you can drop and drag files between your PC and phone by setting USB storage mode to connect as mass storage device. Go to the drop down notification, click on the usb icon and select mass storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
FoFa

FoFa

Reaction score
I still hate this stupid motocast crapola.Why does it have to start with some stupid ad. talking every single time.Thank gawd I don't have to plug this Razr Maxx too often. It usually goes all day for me.Must have been using it way more than normal today.Almost worth NOT listening to music just to not mess with it.Now i am mounting the phone to charge it, and playing my music through my computer.What a PIA

Krenzy

Reaction score
In your OP you mention that a Razr MAXX cannot be rooted. Is this due to a personal preference? I assure you they can be rooted.

marmarinou

Reaction score
I still hate this stupid motocast crapola.Why does it have to start with some stupid ad. talking every single time.Thank gawd I don't have to plug this Razr Maxx too often. It usually goes all day for me.Must have been using it way more than normal today.Almost worth NOT listening to music just to not mess with it.Now i am mounting the phone to charge it, and playing my music through my computer.What a PIA

Are you referring to the Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant Plus pages that appear when you connect your RAZR to your computer with the USB cable?

You can stop that by going to the Motorola Device Manager icon that appears in the system tray when you connect the USB cable. Right-click on the Motorola Device Manager icon and you will see "When device connects..." . Select that item and you will see a menu that includes "Launch Backup Assistant Plus". If that item is checked, select "Do Nothing" instead, and those pages will not appear every time you connect. (You can also select "Launch MotoCast USB" instead.)

chadwick108

Reaction score
then root and deblur

I assure you that RAZR maxx can be rooted...mine is and currently running eclipse 1.2