I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
Well I got a Droid 1 refurb. The damn thing has dead spots on the screen. I kid you not. Slide to unlock took me a good 5 try's before I was able to get in. My ass that is certified like new....certified piece of crap.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
I just got my certified like new and it is perfect (so far). It just has flat keys instead of raised...

okmista

Reaction score
I called them yesterday because my phone froze yet again - and each time it happens it's like an HOUR that it's not viable. I'm starting to think that I demand some money back since they charge me for a monthly usage but I'm out at least 1 hr every day regarding this garbage phone so why should I be charged?

They seemed to have changed their customer service support because the last 20 times I called them, I never spoke to a technician (but a customer service representative) but this time, they made me go from a customer service rep to a technician then they made me REBOOT (yeah I am getting REAL used to this!) to MASTER RESET the goddamn thing and was stuck for another hour.

After all that, it froze AGAIN (of course) so now they are sending me another "replacement". I pray to the lord that it's a D2 with no problems but at this point even D1 with no problems will be welcomed. I swear I'm not trying to get a FREE upgrade out of this, it's just that my phone is going berserk ever since 2.2 Froyo upgrade and their stupid answer is that they are "rolling out" a new update this week. F THAT. So the "new" phone that's coming on Fri will be my 5th one.

Side note: If you get a replacement, you get 90 day warranty on that product which supercedes my warranty expiration of 11/2010 (I got it when it first came out). So God forbid, if this keeps happening, my warranty will just keep extending itself...I guess that's a good thing?!?! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
I talked to tech support because of the overheat and dead spot on the refurb...they are sending me a droid 2. I hope this one works!

jr313

Reaction score
UPDATE: Well i got the news today about my replacement everybody...looks like its gna be a D1 refurb i finally got my tracking # and it will be here tomarrow and its coming from that trusty warehouse in Ft. worth Texas...Oh well was wishful thinking on my part hioping, kinda killed the whole wonder what its going to be drama..lol..the only thing now is to see how janky its goin to be...

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
I talked to tech support because of the overheat and dead spot on the refurb...they are sending me a droid 2. I hope this one works!

Did they give you any grief about wanting a Droid 2?

No, I was polite with them. I told them that I had bad experiences with LG Env 2 phone that I use to have before the OG Droid, and that had two replacements through them and somehow all of those phones had some malfunction to them. I basically said that I thought their quality control would have been better since the last time I done warranty, and it's only fair they take care of me.

Truth be told, these were legitimate issues and wasn't making up issues to get a D2. i would have been happy with a new D1 that worked. Since they obviously couldn't provide me that, I got a new D2.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Well i got the news today about my replacement everybody...looks like its gna be a D1 refurb i finally got my tracking # and it will be here tomarrow and its coming from that trusty warehouse in Ft. worth Texas...Oh well was wishful thinking on my part hioping, kinda killed the whole wonder what its going to be drama..lol..the only thing now is to see how janky its goin to be...

Still could be a D1...they are getting new D2 chassis from Moto and sending them out in the same box (and potentially from the same warehouses) as D1 refurbs...that's how my new D2 arrived...new D2 chassis in one package, new battery and D2 battery cover in second.

So maybe there's a chance.

jr313

Reaction score

Still could be a D1...they are getting new D2 chassis from Moto and sending them out in the same box (and potentially from the same warehouses) as D1 refurbs...that's how my new D2 arrived...new D2 chassis in one package, new battery and D2 battery cover in second.

SWEET!!! lol..then theres still hope so da saga continues! it will be here tomarrow and i will definitely let everyone know what i get in my box of goodies...To be continued......

ricks

Reaction score
I got my "certified like CRAP replacement" today and it is bent. The keyboard it bent and the space between the screen and keyboard is over 1/8 inch on the lower left of the phone. I called them and they are sending another on Friday.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score

Did they give you a tracking number for the battery and cover?

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Update..

BRRROOCCCKKKK..... what's up you mouth breather..... I got a D2. Along with that 19.99 deal you made me aware of.... I can now say I have spent 20 for a Droid 2.

'Preciate it.....

BTW - I'm still stuck at the old job :/self: but at least I'm dating a girl in her 30's :poofey:

who the **** are you?

LMFAO! I guess he thought there was only one "Brock" in the world and you are him... haha

BTW Had my 4th replacement ordered today, ill post what I get on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Claim made Saturday (September 4th) for D1 keyboard under warranty.

Had to call for tracking # on Tuesday (September 7th) after hoilday (Monday) said 1lb/5kg

Phone received today (September 9th).. Referb D1 so far seems in working order.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Okay so my D1 was screwed a couple of weeks back. I ended up buying a D2 on my own and have had it for almost 2 weeks. But I still wanted to see if I could get something done about my dead D1. I called customer servie and eventually they said they'd send me another D1. I wasn't expecting a D2 (and I probably wouldnt have been too happy if they did since I'd have 2 of them), so today I received my recertified D1. Was kinda freaked out because of everyone saying how messed up theirs was (almost seems like an excuse to send it back and get a different phone) but mine is in great condition.

The weight of the box on fedex was 1 lb, and my D2 said 2 lb. btw in case anyone was wondering.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just read through this thread and it made me laugh. I must admit I did not want a droid 2 as a replacement and was angry, but then I started to like it. I will say that the droid 2 is not that big of a step up from the droid 1. There are some improvements yes, but I would not waste an early upgrade on it. People losing sleep over not getting a droid 2, seriously in a few months vzw will have the droidpro, and some more devices that you would probably prefer over the droid 2. Enjoy your unlocked d1 while you have it.
As far as it being locked down, my droid 2 is rooted and running a theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.