I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh my first droid was endless reboot second phone huge amounts of dust under the screen third refurb came with a scratch on the screen and is now over heating and dropping the battery at random points so I'm just hoping they give me the droid 2 and it will be a better experience.

I hope the next phone you get is a better experience too...

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Eh my first droid was endless reboot second phone huge amounts of dust under the screen third refurb came with a scratch on the screen and is now over heating and dropping the battery at random points so I'm just hoping they give me the droid 2 and it will be a better experience.

I hope the next phone you get is a better experience too...

Thanks for the concern though :p. Its good to see the community is still as nice as when I joined.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I got a back, phone, sd, cord, everythingg...... Mine was not refurbed..... so not evertime. I got a 2 instead of 1 and my coworkers (who have droids) and g/f are uber jealous. lol

Now all you have to do is buy a 13 dollar desktop charger for your extra battery from amazon dot com and youll be set.

Let your batterys run down completely untill your phone shuts off then switch them out. This is how you can maximize the life of both of your batterys and prevent them from developing memory.

That does not work with these batteries. I hear it is bad for them to drain completely.

Actually if you do research you will find all batteries especially nickle hydride (most memory resistant batterys made available) will develop memory over time if you don't deplete them completely prior to recharging. Search Google.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon, after my phone took a spill from about 20 feet the slider is annoyingly loose, so I called about a replacement, they told me to take it into a local store and if they have any Droid1's in stock they will replace it with that but if not it will be replaced with something comparable. I love my droid1 but I won't complain if they give me a D2.

I gotta say though, I was expecting the worse when I went to pick it up. It must have landed just right not to get hurt too bad. The case broke pretty good and the slider is almost like a clamshell now but other than that I can use it fine.

Well I was able to perform some surgery on my droid to get the slider from being so loose. It still has a sizable gap between the slider and physical keyboard but it's not nearly as bad as it was. I decided not to get a replacement because my droid has been very good to me. I can overclock it to whatever kernel I want with no reboots. I have really had zero of the issues most people talk about with their phones. I like to droid2 but I would NEVER expect to get one in return for a droid1. I am too worried if I get a replacement it will ruin my luck with the droid1. So I will deal for another 6 months till I can upgrade to hopefully one of the new 4g super droids!

Deuel

Reaction score
Actually if you do research you will find all batteries especially nickle hydride (most memory resistant batterys made available) will develop memory over time if you don't deplete them completely prior to recharging. Search Google.

Actually one of the best answers I've seen about battery "conditioning" is the following post:

Lithium-Ion Battery 101....

The saga continues....

Ok, lets gets some facts on the table.

Consumer grade Lithium-Ion batteries:
1) Do not have memories.

2) Do not need to be "Conditioned".

3) Do not need to be "Deep-Cycled". (Yes I know conditioned and deep-cycle are the same thing but some people don't)

4) Need to be stored for long periods at 40% charge.

5) Need to be trickled charged for the phone to get the voltage to 4200mV.

6) Once at 4200mV you should remove the battery from the charge for longer battery life.

7) Should never be discharged below 2700mV. (Below this some battery makers force high current chargers to be used. IE you can't use standard USB ports to charge it)

8) Should never be used when the internal temp reaches 140F (due to thermal runaway)

9) Should not be used when the internal temp drops below 32F (Because you won't be able to recharge it till is above that temp)

Every one of these statements can be verified with the battery makers.

So about now some of you are yelling at the screen "BUT SKULL! WHY DO THEY SAY TO CONDITION THE BATTERY!?!?!?"

Because the Android OS stores the battery usage & discharge prediction in /data/system/batterystats.bin. And there are only 3 ways to reset the data in that file.

1) Root your phone and delete it manually.
2) Do a Factory Wipe if you don't have root.
3) Fully charge then discharge your battery.

And now you know the rest of the story...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tioning-battery-how-drain-fast-purposely.html

snogard20

Reaction score
I was not so lucky as some have posted.

My touch screen on the Droid was not working at all. Everything else was working fine as far as the buttons and all but its pretty hard to navigate just with the buttons.

So I took it in and they sent ordered warranty replacement.
They said they didn't know when I would get the replacement because it was on backorder. I asked if there was no way to find out? He said no and that I might just get a free upgrade to a Droid 2 since it was backordered.

I was kind of excited but didn't want to hold my breath. Good thing I didn't because I just got a refurbed Droid.

zathus

Reaction score
didnt notice this post till today, but a few days ago the "news" app widget showed some thing that this was happening. I have "droid" as one of the news topics. mind you, nothing is wrong with my droid. it works fine, but if theres a way to get a D2 for free, well hell im all over that. today I called and said when I slide the screen open it goes black. I talked to the VZ guy for a while and he made me reboot yada yada. asked when this all started and I said 2 weeks ago(around when 2.2 went live) a few minutes later, he goes well sir. good news. because your bill is always paid on time and your still under warranty we can offer you a refurbished droid or the D2. so.... now I get a D2! =)

pretty stoked about this! so, guess now I need to start researching how to root a D2 and so on.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
Anyone who received an email that said how to activate your A855, and ended up with a Droid 2?

grimmy

Reaction score
I received a D1 when I called in with charging issues and my head phone port was nothing but static when you plugged anything into it. The D1 they sent me was TERRIBLE, the touch screen would CONSTANTLY go out, I would receive calls and just have to let them go to voice mail because I could not unlock the phone, I called in and for the trouble of getting a defective replacement phone they sent me a D2. dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

My wife had a Eris that was locking up a lot too, it got to the point to where if she had over 30 or so text messages she couldnt text anymore or send pictures, I called in on that expecting to have them send a refurbished Eris, I was surprised when the Verizon support asked if I would just like a D2 instead... Hell yeah! dancedroid dancedroid

Almost forgot, they even sent the extended batteries and backs for both the D2's.

Detonation

Reaction score
I received a D1 when I called in with charging issues and my head phone port was nothing but static when you plugged anything into it. The D1 they sent me was TERRIBLE, the touch screen would CONSTANTLY go out, I would receive calls and just have to let them go to voice mail because I could not unlock the phone, I called in and for the trouble of getting a defective replacement phone they sent me a D2. dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

My wife had a Eris that was locking up a lot too, it got to the point to where if she had over 30 or so text messages she couldnt text anymore or send pictures, I called in on that expecting to have them send a refurbished Eris, I was surprised when the Verizon support asked if I would just like a D2 instead... Hell yeah! dancedroid dancedroid

Almost forgot, they even sent the extended batteries and backs for both the D2's.

Was this recent, or in the end of August when others were receiving D2s?

grimmy

Reaction score
It was this week, I just received my D2 Saturday, and my wife received her D2 this morning.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score

I'm interested to know this to.

grimmy

Reaction score

I'm interested to know this to.

I received my D2 this past Saturday my wife received her D2 this morning. (Tuesday)

Sippykipnip

Reaction score

gveserat

Reaction score
Blackberry for Droid 2

I had so much trouble with my BB Storm2 9550, that Verizon (I sincerely appreciate) gave me a choice of any phone available from them. I choose the Droid 2. It arrived last Friday, w/o a battery door so I am waiting for a door. I just called again today and a new extended battery with door is being shipped overnight.

I asked if my phone was a refurb, they said no. I even went to Motorola's website and put in my S/N and it said I had a ONE (1) year warranty on it!

Verizon's customer service is Light Years ahead of AT&T!

Status
Not open for further replies.