I found a good video converter for the Droid...

D

dvdcatalyst

It's the correct email.
Thank you all for using my program, I greatly appreciate it.
As I mentioned in an other thread, I don't have a Droid myself so I rely on official specifications, and whatever information I can find on the web (such as this forum)

If there are any requests or suggestions, feel free to shoot me an email. I'll be glad to help out in any way I can.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have tried 5 different ones and the only one that does not get out of sync with a bunch of ff and rw is handbrake. It is free and video is superb. All others had great video and stayed in sync except if I fast forward or rewind a few times. I cannot make handbrake go out of sync.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have DVD Catalyst 3

Converted Star Trek...Looks great on the Droid.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have tried 5 different ones

Which 5 other ones did you try ?

Catalyst 3
AVS
Xilisoft
Magic
HandBrake

(not 5 others...just 5 all together). All produce great video, but the other 4 tend to get out of sync if I fast forward or rewind. May just be a little off, but still there. After reading tons of forums on this exact subject, it always led back to Handbrake. I gave it a try and am amazed. I can jump around like crazy and never get out of sync.

Again..I am not talking about out of sync just watching...all of them are in sync doing this. I am talking about jumping back and forth to different spots including maybe 1 hour ahead and then letting it play. Every other one got out of sync at least a little bit...some were about 2 seconds off.

skyboss

Reaction score
Anyone try DVD Catalyst with Transformers 2? The program seems to work ok, but when I play it back on my computer or my droid, the video is out of sequence. The quality is great but the movie jumps from begining to end to middle to beginning, etc. DVD Catalyst has worked great for most of my movies including Transformers 1.

:icon_ banana:​

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyone try DVD Catalyst with Transformers 2? The program seems to work ok, but when I play it back on my computer or my droid, the video is out of sequence.

Having the same problem with Star Trek...I just previewed it when I ripped it...But now watching it, it's jumbled up...

JTAC

Reaction score
What settings are you using? I noticed this happened to my copy of Black Hawk Down, but later I found out it was due to my DVD being scratched.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What settings are you using? I noticed this happened to my copy of Black Hawk Down, but later I found out it was due to my DVD being scratched.

Using the preset Driod settings....Brand new DVD. Watched it last night, ripped it today....

JTAC

Reaction score
If you want you can download my version from Mega Upload. Look for a thread entitled, what movies are on your Droid? Last page.

D

dvdcatalyst

Star Trek, Transformers 2 and a few others have a more severe DVD protection system than others. This protection system (Made by Sony, called ARCCOSS) usually creates fake tracks (up to 99) on the DVD, and in some cases scrambles the scene order to trick DVD conversion tools such as DVD Catalyst. These DVDs also have issues on some stand-alone DVD players as well.
Installing the (free) DVD Catalyst Boosterpack can make some of these DVDs work, but the best way is to install a trial version of AnyDVD or to rip the problematic DVD to your harddisk with dvdfab

Only a very small percentage of DVDs have these issues.

rival13

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having issues with Handbrake- every time I encode a dvd, the video plays back wrong- its got major issues with video playback and audio- lots of glitches. Any tips?

The dvd is Futurama- into the wild green yonder
My settings are mpeg4/ avg bitrate 12000/ stereo

JTAC

Reaction score
HandBrake has major problems. Also, I really hope your average video bitrate is not "12000".