I don't know what happened to my speaker

iWordplay

Reaction score
I was just listening to Pandora when the sound suddenly cut off. Tried a reboot, nothing. Tried wiping cache and data. Didn't work. Flashed to AOKP JB build 5 and still not working. Did I break it? Can this be fixed?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like your external speaker is done. If nothing else, you should call VZW for a warranty replacement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
I

iWordplay

Reaction score
I didn't think it would just die like that. I hope that's not my only option. Thanks though.

mikeqigong

Reaction score
No sound, speaker not working.
Droid 4 s: My speaker that also is used for all rings and notifications is not working. I've trouble shot it is various ways with no luck for two day.
I called tech support and reported it. Verizon is sending me a new phone at no charge since I got the warranty. If I find a solution that will fix it.
I'll will post an update for those who don't have the warranty.
J

50%Kraut

Reaction score
it is a defect in Razor maxx, I have had the same problem for 5 months now. Waiting on replacement as I type. Come on Fedex!
VZ tried to tell me this is new problem, yea right.
Need a quick fix? Try playing a song, and on the back of Droid press between the camera and the flash, or rub in that area. works for me everytime.
I thought they fixed that problem.
Happy Hollidays

jkcsho

Reaction score
its the way the speakers connect to the ribbon cables and circuit boards inside several of moto's newer devices. my d4's ear speaker is crapping out as we speak.:frown: