I didn't get a t-shirt, but how's $50.00 from VZW sound?

Tekmazter

Reaction score
My brother and I bought the DROID release day from Best Buy and we never got a t-shirt. I know sad. :icon_eek:

Anyway, we decided to give Verizon a call to see if we could purchase one separately or get on list to somehow receive one. This is where it gets interesting ...

In speaking with Verizon Wireless marketing department we were told that Verizon is not coordinating the push of t-shirts. It's Motorola and there is some randomness involved.

Well, to make a long story short, the rep from Verizon gave us $50.00 off our plan for the month simply for not getting the t-shirt and calling and saying we enjoy the phone.

Wow! I have to admit that this is quite unexpected and here's an extremely LOUD shout out to our support rep who made this happen.

THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAY'S (MERRY CHRISTMAS) VERIZON WIRELESS!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:

Last edited:

fr4c

Reaction score
It's good to hear, but it's a big YMMV on this one. Still worth a shot though, so kudos!

coolkidd

Reaction score
Wow... you got the Droid and $50 back? I do have the T-shirt.... I'll sell it for you for $50 :)

Itamar

Reaction score
I didn't get a shirt, but I got 10% off my bill for the next 6 months for "customer loyalty" (I've been with Verizon for 8 years). That comes out to ~$150. Yeah baby!

djstar2k2

Reaction score
idk they just gave me free activation on the eris damn ill take that 50 lol but good work peeps

luckmylife

Reaction score
Wait, are they still giving out t-shirts or was that just the initial release day? I could always use a Droid shirt...

OP
T

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Wait, are they still giving out t-shirts or was that just the initial release day? I could always use a Droid shirt...

Some people have been getting t-shirts with coupons in the mail nicely wrapped in a DROID Does box. From what I have seen so far, most of those people, if not all, purchased the DROID on release day. I too purchased mine on release day, but from Best Buy, and have not gotten a T-shirt. It's what prompted my call to VZW to see about getting one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was people on release day only. I believe I've read from others who purchased it after the release date.

Trying to figure out who gets these t shirts may be like trying to figure out how the OS upgrade was handled.

Anyway I didn't get a T-Shirt but I did get 100.00 credit on my Droid purchase. Since I originally bought a Storm 2 and traded it back in for a Droid I called and asked about my rebate. I didn't get any paperwork in the mail and no Visa worth 100.00. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with them and they decided just to credit my account for 100.00. Hung up the phone, checked on line and the credit was sitting there waiting for me.:icon_ banana:

I stil want my T shirt though. I need a XX please, I'm a big boy.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the shirt or the $50. I did get 2 Droid's now so WTF....j/k of course. Good for the guys who have gotten something from VZW :)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the shirts went out to mostly new customers? It seems like cell phone companies in general (not just VZW) LOVE to give all kinds of nice incentives to new customers; but the customers that have been with them for a long time get nothing at all except a chance to buy a new device at a much higher cost than a new customer.

I myself put up with a BB Storm from Feb. 09 to Nov. 09 - I didn't get an early upgrade to S2 or Droid email, and I had to pay full retail for the Droid. Even having paid full retail, I haven't gotten anything; they wouldn't even throw in a free holster. (or a shirt)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the shirts went out to mostly new customers? It seems like cell phone companies in general (not just VZW) LOVE to give all kinds of nice incentives to new customers; but the customers that have been with them for a long time get nothing at all except a chance to buy a new device at a much higher cost than a new customer.

I myself put up with a BB Storm from Feb. 09 to Nov. 09 - I didn't get an early upgrade to S2 or Droid email, and I had to pay full retail for the Droid. Even having paid full retail, I haven't gotten anything; they wouldn't even throw in a free holster. (or a shirt)

Are you also from BBOS?

cgarnes

Reaction score
Wow, I feel cheated. I bought two Droids on release day, and I didn't get anything. Not a t-shirt, not a candy bar, not a post-card. Not even that black canvas tote bag (that I found and bought off of Ebay).

This must totally be a random thing in choice markets.

Either that, or they hate me. But, come on, TWO Droids on release day, and a CUT in my employee discount? It used to be 15% with AT&T and AllTel, and VZN gives me 8% and no free present?

Wah. Still, we have awesome phones, and I am working on getting my discount recalculated.

rothenbj

Reaction score

New verizon wireless customer here. Bought Droid on line December 6th from Verizon and two days later ordered Eris.

No T shirt, no free Eris, but did get a great phone.