I can't copy and paste text from an email - can anyone help??

Luv2Laff

Reaction score
I've tried everything. Forwarding the email, replying to the email and I can NOT copy any text from an email I've received.
Does anyone know how to do this? This is clearly something that people need. I can't imagine these developers would completely overlook something like this. Please help! Thanks!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
In the body of the email you are trying to copy text from, are you "long pressing" the screen for a second until the menu box pops up with all the normal "edit" functions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
L

Luv2Laff

Reaction score
I am. Nothing pops up. It's very frustrating. I've even tried to forward or reply first and that doesn't work either.

Last edited:

ccartertn

Reaction score
Are you on 2.2?
If so, press menu button / More / Select text, then whatever you highlight will be sent to the clipboard.

CC

ccartertn

Reaction score
You don't "see" the clipboard, merely long press in your text entry area and paste the data from the clipboard.

dougmc

Reaction score
copy/paste email

Most people are assuming that you are using the gmail client. I would bet that you are attempting to copy/paste from an email that is NOT a gmail account. The Droid allows you to do this within the gmail client but not the non-gmail client.
Suggest that you pick up the k9 mail client. You can copy/paste there.

Umi982010

Reaction score
Cannot copy and paste text from Outlook email

I have the same problem, MY Droid Pro does someone know how to do this? or how do we complain to Droid on this flaw?
what is the point of having a model made for business and you cannot even do the simplest function of copy and paste?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Are you on 2.2?
If so, press menu button / More / Select text, then whatever you highlight will be sent to the clipboard.

CC
this works in GMAIL only i believe.

I have the same problem, MY Droid Pro does someone know how to do this? or how do we complain to Droid on this flaw?
what is the point of having a model made for business and you cannot even do the simplest function of copy and paste?

what e-mail app are you using. if gmail, use above instructions. if something else, it may not work. however you can use k9 mail from the market for free and it includes copy/paste

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
download the app "copy and paste"....there is a free version and it works wonderful for this and many other applications.

ehartman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
After doing the long hold in the gmail client, several functions such as copy and share show up at the top of the screen as buttons where the delete and compose email buttons were before selecting text.