I can NOT delete this pictures!!

Borbei

Reaction score
Ok so I searched these forums for this topic for like 20 minutes so I'm sorry if it's been posted but I can't find it.

Ever since the day I got my phone I've had these pictures labeled in a album with my address and I have no idea how they got on there because I didn't put them on there. I'm guessing they're somehow linked to my gmail/facebook but I CAN NOT delete them. I go to "More" on them and there is no delete option. Also some other pictures I've moved on and off my Droid are still stuck in my gallery, they say their old album name and I can't delete them, there is just no option. I've plugged my phone into my PC and searched for these exact file names and have found nothing and when I go to "Details" on the picture in my phone gallery it says that they are in an "unknown location..." This is getting really old, and I have like 10 albums in my gallery that don't actually exist. Does anyone have a solution as to how I can wipe the pictures from my gallery or how these pictures got on my phone and how to take them off? I'd be VERY relived. Thank you!

:reddroid: :icon_evil: :reddroid: <---Me now
:heart::icon_ banana::heart: <---Me after you help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I searched these forums for this topic for like 20 minutes so I'm sorry if it's been posted but I can't find it.

Ever since the day I got my phone I've had these pictures labeled in a album with my address and I have no idea how they got on there because I didn't put them on there. I'm guessing they're somehow linked to my gmail/facebook but I CAN NOT delete them. I go to "More" on them and there is no delete option. Also some other pictures I've moved on and off my Droid are still stuck in my gallery, they say their old album name and I can't delete them, there is just no option. I've plugged my phone into my PC and searched for these exact file names and have found nothing and when I go to "Details" on the picture in my phone gallery it says that they are in an "unknown location..." This is getting really old, and I have like 10 albums in my gallery that don't actually exist. Does anyone have a solution as to how I can wipe the pictures from my gallery or how these pictures got on my phone and how to take them off? I'd be VERY relived. Thank you!

:reddroid: :icon_evil: :reddroid: <---Me now
:heart::icon_ banana::heart: <---Me after you help

Have you tried mounting your droid to a computer and then going into the Gallery and dragging these files into the trash? That might be your best bet.

Being at an unknown location make take some additional time finding but it should work.

Also when you bring these pictures up have you tried tapping the menu button and see if there is a delete that pops up from there?

OP
B

Borbei

Reaction score
Have you tried mounting your droid to a computer and then going into the Gallery and dragging these files into the trash? That might be your best bet.

Being at an unknown location make take some additional time finding but it should work.

Also when you bring these pictures up have you tried tapping the menu button and see if there is a delete that pops up from there?

I've tried mounting it to my computer and finding them and the search on my computer doesn't find anything. Is there a "Gallery Folder"? Also yes I have tried that and still no delete option =\

EDIT: FIXED! I actually found another website and another VERY ENRAGED Droid owner who had the exact same issue. I had previously uploaded pictures to my "Picasa Web Album" and this explains why as soon as I bought the phone (since you have to have and log on to a gmail account to own a droid) the pictures were on my phone. Went to the picasa web album and deleted the pictures and they're off my phone. This also makes my Gallery load about a million and a half times faster. THERE REALLY IS A GOD! THANK YOU!

Boom goes the dynamite.
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

taffykids

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for posting your fix! I have been looking everywhere since Christmas Eve for how to get rid of the pictures that were automatically added to my phone. SO frustrating. Went right into web albums on Picasa deleted them and all was well. Thank you!!!:)

GeddyLeeFan

Reaction score

I've tried mounting it to my computer and finding them and the search on my computer doesn't find anything. Is there a "Gallery Folder"? Also yes I have tried that and still no delete option =\

EDIT: FIXED! I actually found another website and another VERY ENRAGED Droid owner who had the exact same issue. I had previously uploaded pictures to my "Picasa Web Album" and this explains why as soon as I bought the phone (since you have to have and log on to a gmail account to own a droid) the pictures were on my phone. Went to the picasa web album and deleted the pictures and they're off my phone. This also makes my Gallery load about a million and a half times faster. THERE REALLY IS A GOD! THANK YOU!

Boom goes the dynamite.
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
THANK YOU for posting the fix. Good Lorrrd it has been driving me crazy. People kept saying "choose the delete option" and "hook up to your PC and open the DCIM folder...", and I kept repeating "it doesn't have a delete option" and "it doesn't show up on the computer". Whew, what a great RELIEF! Thank you, thank you.

Bubbas_Ama

Reaction score
What and where is Picasa?

The resolution to this problem sounds good to me-when I got my Droid it load about 200 "blank" photos and I couldn't now to get them out. Picasa sounds like it might work, but what is it?