Hydrogen Fuel Cells for Cellular phones possibly coming soon!!

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What happens if phone drops get smashed and while doing so a small spark caused by static occurs?

I say let apple have it.. when half a million tiny bombs go off Apple will be DONE!

This would only be a problem if the Hydrogen were stored in compressed gas form. The method of storage described in the patent application for Apple is a stable compound so the risk of combustion, detonation, or explosion is essentially nonexistent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Haha... it's like the idea of hydrogen cars... there's a reason why some things don't make it to production... ;). We should all take a lesson from the Hindenburg right about now! :biggrin:

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Really, a Hydrogen powered car is not much different than a Propane or Natural Gas powered vehicle and they are already in service and widely accepted as safe. In fact, if the Hydrogen were stored in a stable compound, and since there is no combustion in a fuelcell, vehicles powered this way would actually be safer than even the existing CNG and Propane vehicles.

ktal90

Reaction score
My question is, why is Apple allowed to patent this? After all, isn't the hydrogen cell the patentable product here? This is an application of the hydrogen cell, not the actual technology, correct? Unless there is some uniqueness to what Apple has filed for patent. If not, then I am going to patent the hydrogen cell toaster :icon_ banana:

kparks

Reaction score
Really, a Hydrogen powered car is not much different than a Propane or Natural Gas powered vehicle and they are already in service and widely accepted as safe. In fact, if the Hydrogen were stored in a stable compound, and since there is no combustion in a fuelcell, vehicles powered this way would actually be safer than even the existing CNG and Propane vehicles.

Ur forgetting that the government will never allow this to happen the oil business is just to big and are government is retarded. Look at Electric cars they have been around for over 100 years and we are just now partially using them..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

tpaege1

Reaction score
my biggest concern would be not only the by-product but also the cost.sure , volume would bring it down but youd first have to sell them and then wait for the volume to catch up.:icon_eek:

tpaege1

Reaction score
Haha... it's like the idea of hydrogen cars... there's a reason why some things don't make it to production... ;). We should all take a lesson from the Hindenburg right about now! :biggrin:

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!
um... the hindenburg went up like a match stick because of a parafin waterproofing. the gas combusted almost instantly. it really had no effect in the airships demise.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ur forgetting that the government will never allow this to happen the oil business is just to big and are government is retarded. Look at Electric cars they have been around for over 100 years and we are just now partially using them..

I didn't forget that. Still, I don't see how taking battery powered phones and making them powered instead by fuelcells would in any way impinge upon the oil industry. If they were already powered by oil perhaps that would make sense.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
um... the hindenburg went up like a match stick because of a parafin waterproofing. the gas combusted almost instantly. it really had no effect in the airships demise.

+1

kparks

Reaction score
I didn't forget that. Still, I don't see how taking battery powered phones and making them powered instead by fuelcells would in any way impinge upon the oil industry. If they were already powered by oil perhaps that would make sense.

Did u not see what post i was responding too???

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Did u not see what post i was responding too???

No, I knew you were replying to someone else, but I just felt like commenting. Believe me, I gave the oil companies a thought but I decided cell phones were not threatening their primary business so it's not unreasonable to think this could actually happen.

Last edited: